Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
"The Collector's Series - Rolling Stones Hot Rocks 1962 - 1969" © Mojo with thanks to Irina and Rollover

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Tyler checked into rehab (Read 6,553 times)
left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Re: Tyler checked into rehab
Reply #25 - May 25th, 2008 at 6:35pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Heart Of Stone wrote on May 25th, 2008 at 1:32pm:
I can't wait to see Steve in group sessions on Celebrity Rehab, that's a joke of a show, I have a friend in A.A. who calls it absolute bullshit!!! I mean it's filmed as the person is going thru withdrawl, it's phoney as hell, it's all acted out, I mean for a real addict, do you think for one second that the person wants to be in a film??? I mean a real addict doesn't want to have camera men/audio follow them all over, they can't be hurting that bad to have this done, it's all for making a T.V. show & like fake wrestling, it's phoney.

Then Jeff Conaway better prep his Emmy acceptance speech...

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #26 - May 25th, 2008 at 6:46pm
left shoe shuffle wrote on May 25th, 2008 at 6:35pm:
I can't wait to see Steve in group sessions on Celebrity Rehab, that's a joke of a show, I have a friend in A.A. who calls it absolute bullshit!!! I mean it's filmed as the person is going thru withdrawl, it's phoney as hell, it's all acted out, I mean for a real addict, do you think for one second that the person wants to be in a film??? I mean a real addict doesn't want to have camera men/audio follow them all over, they can't be hurting that bad to have this done, it's all for making a T.V. show & like fake wrestling, it's phoney.

the rim is way down here and that post is way up there.

IP Logged

Heart Of Stone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

Charlottetown Prince Edward Is
Reply #27 - May 25th, 2008 at 7:40pm
Some Guy wrote on May 25th, 2008 at 6:46pm:
left shoe shuffle wrote on May 25th, 2008 at 6:35pm:

the rim is way down here and that post is way up there.

Whatever that is suppose to mean!, I'm glad I'm not a Druggie, I'm just a simple alcoholic!

The Rolling Stones ain't just a group, their a way of life-Andrew Loog Oldham.
......[URL=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/merrillm123/media/69inLA.jpg.html]
WWW Merrill Moran  
IP Logged

homesickjameswilliamson
Rocks Off Regular

Alcoholic Cunts Like Knives

Reply #28 - May 26th, 2008 at 8:31am

Quote:
Good luck, would-be Mick!

He's more a of would be Johansen i think - and johansen was a would be mick (sort of)

IP Logged

lotsajizz
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Rhode Island
Reply #29 - May 26th, 2008 at 9:09am
there's nothing wrong with emulating the best

I always liked Tyler for that---his sources are great!

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."  Dr. Johnson.

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #30 - May 26th, 2008 at 1:45pm
lotsajizz wrote on May 26th, 2008 at 9:09am:
there's nothing wrong with emulating the best

I always liked Tyler for that---his sources are great!  

and his lips are real, which is why he got the Jagger Jr. label... Can't fault him for that...

IP Logged

Holden
Rocks Off Regular

Tampa Bay
Reply #31 - May 26th, 2008 at 3:38pm
Didn't he go around telling people he was Mick's brother when he was young? I think I remember someone saying that on this board.

mrhipfl  
IP Logged

Holden
Rocks Off Regular

Tampa Bay
Reply #32 - May 26th, 2008 at 3:42pm
Didn't he go around telling people he was Mick's brother when he was young? I think I remember someone saying that on this board.

mrhipfl  
IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #33 - May 26th, 2008 at 3:54pm
rehab's fer quitters.......... Are you fucking serious?

IP Logged

chevysales
Rocks Off Regular

new forum left old forum
info behind? a newbie?

East Coast
Reply #34 - May 27th, 2008 at 7:19am
TenThousandMotels wrote on May 22nd, 2008 at 10:43am:
Tyler checked into rehab
By Carol Beggy
Globe Staff / May 21, 2008
Boston Globe

Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler has checked into a drug rehabilitation clinic in Pasadena, Calif., according to the celebrity website TMZ.com.

Responding to a query from The Boston Globe, Mitch Schneider, spokesman for Tyler and the band, said in an e-mail: "I don't know anything about it and have left word with the band's management."

Tyler, 60, was in Las Encinas Hospital's rehab program yesterday getting treatment for "substance abuse," according to TMZ.com. (It's the same facility where the reality show "Celebrity Rehab" was filmed.)

Tyler and guitarist Joe Perry were often called the "Toxic Twins" because of their hard-partying rock 'n' roll lifestyle. But in recent years, Tyler and the other members of Aerosmith had been outspoken about cleaning up their lives.

In 2001, the same year the Boston-based band was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Tyler had a wing at a Roxbury rehab clinic center named in his honor for his financial and outspoken support of Victory Programs, a Boston-based agency that works with individuals and families facing homelessness, addiction, and chronic illnesses.

Tyler was even able to joke about dealing with past demons. In a 2002 interview with the Globe, Tyler explained his willingness to do a "Got Milk?" ad: "Hey, if it's funny enough, do it. I mean, I would do an ad for rehab if they used [our song] `Take Me to the Farm.' One thing I learned from the '80s is that it's good to have a sense of humor."

methadone and oxycontin... bad mix.

good luck.

IP Logged

TenThousandMotels
Ex Member

Reply #35 - May 27th, 2008 at 10:58am
Holden wrote on May 26th, 2008 at 3:42pm:

Maybe he did ... but it was probably a retort in the context of being asked a bunch of stupid question by idiot reporters.

IP Logged

GotToRollMe
Rocks Off Regular

'soft and freaky'

Reply #36 - May 27th, 2008 at 1:43pm
ijwthstd wrote on May 22nd, 2008 at 6:14pm:
Quote:
Hey Steve, no offense but die already would ya?

You first, cocksucker.

Beat me to it!  Hope Steve gets well.

"She delivers right on time,&&I can't resist a corny line, &&But take the shine right off your shoes"&&&&"When I die I want to be burned and blown up Gazza's ass. Is he up for that? Is he a true stones fan. I know Voodoo would do it." - TomL '07&&...        ...        ...          ...          ...&&..'til the wheels come off...

IP Logged

TenThousandMotels
Ex Member

Reply #37 - May 29th, 2008 at 7:52pm
Steven Tyler goes to rehab for 'quiet environment'
AP

LOS ANGELES - Steven Tyler checked into a rehab facility in search of a "safe environment" to recover from several foot surgeries and physical therapy, the Aerosmith frontman said in a statement Thursday.

Tyler said the surgeries were to correct long-time foot injuries resulting from his physical performances as the singer for the blues-rock band.

"The doctors told me the pain in my feet could be corrected but it would require a few surgeries over time," Tyler said in the statement. "The 'foot repair' pain was intense, greater than I'd anticipated. The months of rehabilitative care and the painful strain of physical therapy were traumatic. I really needed a safe environment to recuperate where I could shut off my phone and get back on my feet."

The 60-year-old was known for heavy drug and alcohol abuse in the 1970s and early 1980s, but completed rehabilitation in 1986, after which Aerosmith enjoyed a successful revival.
« Last Edit: May 29th, 2008 at 7:55pm by TenThousandMotels »  

IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #38 - May 29th, 2008 at 7:59pm
TenThousandMotels wrote on May 29th, 2008 at 7:52pm:
Steven Tyler checked into a rehab facility in search of a "safe environment" to recover from several foot surgeries and physical therapy, the Aerosmith frontman said in a statement Thursday.

Got to get on the good foot!

IP Logged

steeldrivinghammer
Ex Member

Reply #39 - May 29th, 2008 at 8:04pm
Joey Kramer is a less-than-average drummer too...

IP Logged

ijwthstd
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #40 - May 29th, 2008 at 8:33pm
Quote:
Joey Kramer is a less-than-average drummer too...

You are a less than average human being.

"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest.&&&&http://www.soundcloud.com/thesameoldsauce
TotallyRandomDan  
IP Logged

GotToRollMe
Rocks Off Regular

'soft and freaky'

Reply #41 - May 29th, 2008 at 9:18pm
left shoe shuffle wrote on May 29th, 2008 at 7:59pm:
TenThousandMotels wrote on May 29th, 2008 at 7:52pm:
Steven Tyler checked into a rehab facility in search of a "safe environment" to recover from several foot surgeries and physical therapy, the Aerosmith frontman said in a statement Thursday.

Got to get on the good foot!

Indeed. I remember reading he ripped the entire heel off one of his feet in a motorcycle accident years ago. Combine that with various stage-related injuries and you've got a real hot foot from hell going there. It doesn't surprise me he's gotten re-addicted to painkillers.

"She delivers right on time,&&I can't resist a corny line, &&But take the shine right off your shoes"&&&&"When I die I want to be burned and blown up Gazza's ass. Is he up for that? Is he a true stones fan. I know Voodoo would do it." - TomL '07&&...        ...        ...          ...          ...&&..'til the wheels come off...

IP Logged

Gimme Shelter
Rocks Off Regular

THE ROLLING STONES #1

Bend, OR
Reply #42 - May 30th, 2008 at 3:17pm
Steven Tyler In Rehab After Foot Surgery
May 30, 2008 10:05 AM
By Suzanne Kayian
LiveDaily Contributor
Steven Tyler, who reportedly entered rehab earlier this month, said a series of surgeries and post-operative physical therapy to correct foot injuries were the reasons he checked himself into a California facility, according to a statement issued yesterday (5/29).

Tyler said the pain from the surgeries was greater than he had anticipated. "The months of rehabilitative care and the painful strain of physical therapy were traumatic," he said. "I really needed a safe environment to recuperate where I could shut off my phone and get back on my feet."

The statement made no reference to Tyler's history of alcohol and drug abuse, which he apparently has had under control for decades. However, it is common for sober addicts to relapse when medical conditions warrant repetitive use of pain medications. This may not be the case with Tyler, though the rehab facility in which he is seeking treatment is known for treating alcohol and drug abuse.

Tyler, who said his foot injuries resulted from his trademark athletic performance on stage, expects a full recovery. "Make no mistake," he said in the statement, "Aerosmith [ tickets ] has no plans to stop rocking. There's a new album to record, then another tour."

Music, to me, is the joy, right? I love my kids most of the time, and I love my wife most of the time. Music I love all the time. It's the only constant thing in my life. It's the one thing you can count on. :Keith Richards 1993

&&... &&...
https://www.facebook.com/MARKMMCCOLLUM  
IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #43 - May 30th, 2008 at 3:44pm
Hey Hey.....Dude looks like an asshole.....Gaaaagaaaddaddddaaaaaaaaa

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Heart Of Stone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

Charlottetown Prince Edward Is
Reply #44 - May 30th, 2008 at 4:31pm
After all the guy is just a human being, he's not God!! he's not Jesus Christ! it's not very hard for a junkie to fall into relaspe, especially after he's had all that stuff happen to him, it's what he's doing today that counts, not what happened to him, yesterdays don't count!! it's what he's doing today!!

The Rolling Stones ain't just a group, their a way of life-Andrew Loog Oldham.
......[URL=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/merrillm123/media/69inLA.jpg.html]
WWW Merrill Moran  
IP Logged

Nellcote
Rocks Off Regular

So, what's your point?

Funifuti
Reply #45 - May 30th, 2008 at 4:57pm
I'm not sure he's a David Johanssen look-a-like, when 'smith was formed in '71, which could be before the NYDolls, or, at the very least, at the same time. 
They've all had a medical reality hit, if you look at it, xecpt for Whitford if I'm correct.
Christ, Kramer was almost killed at a gas station, when a pump blew up!
Here's hoping this 1/2 of the Toxic Twins makes it thru this...

"slide your body, girl, right across the floor..do the Southside Shuffle..."Southside Shuffle-Mighty J Geils Band

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)