Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Building the stage, Houston, TX - April 2024 © Alesia Turner with thanks to christijanus and Rogerriffin

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Senator Edward M. Kennedy has a malignant tumor in (Read 6,552 times)
texile
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Senator Edward M. Kennedy has a malignant tumor in
May 20th, 2008 at 7:19pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 

Senator Edward M. Kennedy has a malignant tumor in his brain, his doctors said Tuesday.

Brendan Smialowski for The New York Times

Senator Edward M. Kennedy with Senator Barack Obama at a campaign rally at American University in Washington on Jan. 28. More Photos >
Readers' Comments
"May some of the hope and strength he has given to others come back to him at this difficult time."
A.L., Boston
Read Full Comment »Post a Comment »Tests performed over the weekend at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston indicated that Mr. Kennedy, 76, has a type of cancer known as a malignant glioma in the left parietal lobe, the upper left portion of his brain. Mr. Kennedy, Democrat of Massachusetts, suffered a seizure on Saturday in Cape Cod and was airlifted to the hospital for treatment.

The doctors said on Tuesday that the senator was “in overall good condition,” had been walking around the hospital, and had suffered no more seizures since Saturday.

“The usual course of treatment includes combinations of various forms of radiation and chemotherapy,” Dr. Lee Schwamm, the vice chairman of neurology at Massachusetts General Hospital, and Dr. Larry Ronan, a primary care physician at the hospital, said in a statement issued Tuesday afternoon.

The National Cancer Institute says that malignant glioma is the most common form of brain cancer, accounting for about 9,000 cases diagnosed each year in the United States. The prognosis depends on the severity of the tumor, although the institute’s Web site says it is generally poor.

Mr. Kennedy was first elected to the Senate in 1962, when his older brother John F. Kennedy was president, and is serving his eighth term. He is been in the senate longer than any current senator except Robert C. Byrd, Democrat of West Virginia.

News of the diagnosis was greeted by “stunned silence” at a weekly lunch conference for Senate Democrats, said Senator Ben Nelson, of Nebraska. Mr. Nelson said that Senator John Kerry, of Massachusetts, who had spoken with Mr. Kennedy, reported that “Senator Kennedy is quite optimistic.” Senator John Warner, of Virginia, said a similar announcement had been made in the Republicans’ weekly meeting and that those in attendance interrupted their business to say a prayer for Senator Kennedy.

“Ted Kennedy has spent his life caring for those in need," said Senator Richard J. Durbin of Illinois, the second-ranking Democrat in the Senate. “Now it’s time for those who love Ted and his family to care for them and join in prayer to give them strength.”

Senator Kennedy fell ill at his family’s compound in Hyannis Port, Mass., on Saturday morning and was taken to Cape Cod Hospital. From there, he was flown by helicopter to Massachusetts General. The senator had undergone surgery at Massachusetts General in October to correct a constriction of his left carotid artery. He had already been taking medication to control blood pressure and cholesterol.

Senator Kennedy, who is known for championing his party’s positions on civil rights, health care and labor, endorsed Senator Barack Obama, of Illinois, for president in January. Since then, Mr. Kennedy has actively campaigned for Mr. Obama and has made appearances in crucial primary states.

In an interview with CNN on Tuesday afternoon, Mr. Obama called Mr. Kennedy “a great model of what a senator can and should be.”

“I expect he is going to fight as hard as he can,” he said.

President Bush, in a statement, called Mr. Kennedy “a man of tremendous courage, remarkable strength, and powerful spirit.”

Dr. John Golfinos, an associate professor of neurosurgery at the New York University Cancer Institute, said malignant glioma could be difficult to beat.

“Typically, the outlook is not that great for this disease,” said Dr. Golfinos.

Dr. Golfinos said he could not speak about Senator Kennedy’s case specifically, but in general, a patient’s prognosis depends on a number of factors, including age and a general description known as performance status. He said there is no common screening test to discover the presence of such a tumor, and that for most people who develop one, no cause is ever identified.

Although a large number of promising treatments have been developed in recent years, Dr. Golfinos said the long-term survival rates have not improved greatly so far.

“It is still a difficult one, so the prognosis has not improved that much,” he said.

More Articles in Washington »

i know the kennedy family is a divisive one - but this is truly sad news...
even my dad, a life-long republican, has a begrudging affection for old teddy....

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Re: Senator Edward M. Kennedy has a malignant tumo
Reply #1 - May 20th, 2008 at 7:28pm
Yes he's a controversial man.
Many here despise his politics and the life he has lead.

That said.
Cancer is an evil, horrible disease and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

My prayers are with Sen Kennedy and his family.
They know tragedy all too well.
May God give them strength as they face this uphill fight.

LJ.

IP Logged

Riffhard
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #2 - May 20th, 2008 at 7:44pm
God speed Ted. I wouldn't wish brain cancer on my worst enemy. Unless that enemy is of the radical Islamic variety. Then all bets are off.

Riffy

...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&"When all government...in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided...” Thomas Jefferson&&&&"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows us that as a government grows, liberty decreases." — Thomas Jefferson&&&&&&&&We're not old men.We don't bother about petty morals--Keef&&&&Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded. Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or fourteenth. &&-- George Burns&&&&&&I ain't no leftist!-Bob Dylan&&&&"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a brave and scarce

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #3 - May 20th, 2008 at 8:28pm
it's posts like Riffy's and LJ's that remind me why I love them both so much. I just had a recent health scare, all is well, and I too, never would wish cancer on anyone... I'd rather just shoot them!
:hilarious

In all seriousness... C'mon God, this family has been through enough!!!

IP Logged

steeldrivinghammer
Ex Member

Reply #4 - May 20th, 2008 at 8:30pm
The Fat Bastard...

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #5 - May 20th, 2008 at 10:37pm
I've never been a fan of Ted Kennedy. Heck, I'm still upset about Chappaquiddick! Angry

But, like the rest of you have said, I am very sorry to hear of his diagnosis. Cancer is a horrid thing. I am a survivor of breast cancer myself. The treatments are often so terrible that they bring you near to death themselves.

I know that Caroline Kennedy has always denied that the Kennedy family is "cursed", but I tell you.... Sad They have had WAY more of their share of heartache and tragedy. Just unbelievable. I really am truly sorry and wish he didn't have to go through this...

"When you change with every new day, still I'm going to miss you, Brian"

IP Logged

lotsajizz
Rocks Off Regular

Rhode Island
Reply #6 - May 21st, 2008 at 4:13am
He's only got about 6-9 weeks to live.  And, btw, SDH is an asshole.

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."  Dr. Johnson.

IP Logged

TenThousandMotels
Ex Member

Reply #7 - May 21st, 2008 at 8:48am
Cancer's a bitch for sure. I feel bad for Ted. Pray for a miracle....they do happen. We found out yesterday that my grandmother's cancer has come back. This would be the third or fourth cancer opertion in about 5 years if she decides to have it done. I'm waiting for the full report, I don't know exactly what's going on yet.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #8 - May 21st, 2008 at 3:11pm

I pray for Uncle Teddy and wish him simply the BEST .

On the bright side ( if there IS any ?! ) Perhaps he is anxious to see his brothers once again ........ :

My Brother need not be idealized ......................................

LBJOEY !

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

robpop
Rocks Off Regular

My name is called disturbance!

City of Champions
Reply #9 - May 21st, 2008 at 3:14pm
TenThousandMotels wrote on May 21st, 2008 at 8:48am:
Cancer's a bitch for sure. I feel bad for Ted. Pray for a miracle....they do happen. We found out yesterday that my grandmother's cancer has come back. This would be the third or fourth cancer opertion in about 5 years if she decides to have it done. I'm waiting for the full report, I don't know exactly what's going on yet.  

Sorry to hear that Motels. 

My grandmother had cancer come and go for a while also.   The last time we all thought it was over for her.  She pulled through.  Last week I went over to cut her grass; this 89 year old women told me to get the fuck off of her lawn.  Godbless her.  She is totally independent.  Hell, she makes me dinner at least twice a week.

I guess my point is, be strong.  I will say a prayer for your grandmother.

...&&&&...

IP Logged

TenThousandMotels
Ex Member

Reply #10 - May 21st, 2008 at 3:43pm
robpop wrote on May 21st, 2008 at 3:14pm:
TenThousandMotels wrote on May 21st, 2008 at 8:48am:

Sorry to hear that Motels.  

My grandmother had cancer come and go for a while also.   The last time we all thought it was over for her.  She pulled through.  Last week I went over to cut her grass; this 89 year old women told me to get the fuck off of her lawn.  Godbless her.  She is totally independent.  Hell, she makes me dinner at least twice a week.

I guess my point is, be strong.  I will say a prayer for your grandmother.  

Thanks. My grandmother's of a similar vein. She still lives at home but my aunt lives there with her now...because her legs are gone more or less. But she still gets around. Anyway I just got back from there and she doesn't seem too worried about it. No operation necessary, at least for now. She's going to go for some kind of treatment though. I don't trust some of these doctors though.

IP Logged

Nellcote
Rocks Off Regular

So, what's your point?

Funifuti
Reply #11 - May 21st, 2008 at 3:49pm
I'm from the Peoples Republic Of Massachusetts.
A true "Masshole" as my friend from Maine likes to note.
Anyway, I've never, ever been a fan of Ted.
Too many ill thoughts towards his past.
The car wrecks, coverups, etc.
Just my opinion.
Having said this, it's not any ignorance that Ted has done his job in his time in the Senate.
The State of Massachusetts has done well from him.
I am personally excited he'd taken the stance
against Billary, as it represented what old school politics thought of her ilk
As well, it's not any stretch to view the horrific personal
anguish he's suffered in his family life.
I could have posted that photo SDH did on any given hour , infact
have been skewering Ted on this board for years now.
Until yesterday.
All of this now is different. 
I do not wish this type of illness on anyone.
I hope Jizzy is wrong. 

"slide your body, girl, right across the floor..do the Southside Shuffle..."Southside Shuffle-Mighty J Geils Band

IP Logged

texile
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #12 - May 21st, 2008 at 4:14pm
just from reading this thread.....it's devastating to see how cancer has touched so many of our lives -
my dad was recently diagnosed with prostate cancer - but he's lucky, it's treatable and the outlook is postive..and my mom is a six-year breast cancer survivor -
God Speed to all you guys - souix, pdog, ten......and the rest of us -
cancer CAN be beaten....so stay strong.

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #13 - May 21st, 2008 at 4:15pm
lotsajizz wrote on May 21st, 2008 at 4:13am:
He's only got about 6-9 weeks to live.  And, btw, SDH is an asshole.

SDH's life sucks. It sucks being him, it sucks being near him.

Like Nellie said, i hope you're wrong, but i hope what time he does have, he enjoys.

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #14 - May 21st, 2008 at 5:03pm
Pdog wrote on May 21st, 2008 at 4:15pm:
lotsajizz wrote on May 21st, 2008 at 4:13am:
He's only got about 6-9 weeks to live.  And, btw, SDH is an asshole.

SDH's life sucks. It sucks being him, it sucks being near him.

Like Nellie said, i hope you're wrong, but i hope what time he does have, he enjoys.

teddy's plight, while sad, is not tragic. somehow, it just isn't the same when an old man gets cancer as when a young person does. one of my coworkers died a horrible death about four months ago. 56 years old with four kids at home. the little girl that lives two doors down from me is not even one and she has already had an eye removed because of it.

cancer sucks. but it sucks less when you're old.

"Why would any sane person want to leave Rocks Off? If you have an issue outside of Rocks Off, handle it. When you return it will be as if you never have left. Once you are here-it's expected you stay. Why waste long cultivated posting skills somewhere else? The outside world will not understand." -Nellie

“You assclowns are destroying this nation.” –Riffy

"You can lead a horse to the facts, but you can't make the horse understand the facts if he's a dumbfuck horse stuck on stupid." - Riffy

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #15 - May 21st, 2008 at 6:46pm
I agree, Bucky. It's sad that he has it & I wish him Godspeed. But I've known younger people who've had it & that's a treal  you made a grown man cryragedy.

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #16 - May 21st, 2008 at 7:03pm
texile wrote on May 21st, 2008 at 4:14pm:
just from reading this thread.....it's devastating to see how cancer has touched so many of our lives -
my dad was recently diagnosed with prostate cancer - but he's lucky, it's treatable and the outlook is postive..and my mom is a six-year breast cancer survivor -
God Speed to all you guys - souix, pdog, ten......and the rest of us -
cancer CAN be beaten....so stay strong.

Thanks textile...I really appreciate the kind words.  Smiley Cancer is an equal opportunity horror. Anyone, simply anyone, can get one form or another, and at any age. Cancer is really nothing more than abnormal cells that grow and grow...but just the name is enough to send chills down your spine. Prayer, positive thinking, laughter, exercise, eating right...it all helps. I don't know if there'll ever be a cure, though. I hope so. SO many people need it.... Sad

IP Logged

lotsajizz
Rocks Off Regular

Rhode Island
Reply #17 - May 21st, 2008 at 7:58pm
Starbuck wrote on May 21st, 2008 at 5:03pm:
[quote author=Pdog link=1211329167/0#13 date=1211404549]

cancer sucks. but it sucks less when you're old.

Damn straight there; and you must admit he lived a pretty full life.  And, btw, I hope I'm wrong about my prognosis too, but it came from my surgeon wife.

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."  Dr. Johnson.

IP Logged

Riffhard
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #18 - May 21st, 2008 at 8:12pm
Well I think that you're right Jizzy (there, I said it), or at least your wife is. The cancer that he has been diagnosed with is apparently a very aggressive form. I know that my mother was stricken with lung cancer, and within nine months she was gone. Cancer has touched every member of this board in one form or another. We all know someone who has had it, who has died from it, or has beaten it. But it is so pervassive.

Riffy
« Last Edit: May 21st, 2008 at 8:44pm by Riffhard »  

...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&"When all government...in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided...” Thomas Jefferson&&&&"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows us that as a government grows, liberty decreases." — Thomas Jefferson&&&&&&&&We're not old men.We don't bother about petty morals--Keef&&&&Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded. Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or fourteenth. &&-- George Burns&&&&&&I ain't no leftist!-Bob Dylan&&&&"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a brave and scarce

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #19 - May 21st, 2008 at 9:20pm
My best friend was diagnosed with a brain tumor about 5 years ago ,he was 41 at the time. He went to the Dr. complaining of headaches. Next thing he knows they tell him he should get his affairs in order. They gave him 2 monthes. Almost exactly 2 mos. later he died. You go from watching a ballgame with your best buddy,to carrying his casket....Yes,cancer sucks. No matter who has it.
« Last Edit: May 21st, 2008 at 9:24pm by sweetcharmedlife »  

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #20 - May 22nd, 2008 at 11:01am
I think he does have a very short time left since they let him out of the hospital to go sailing. There's probably not much that can be done. Today's Daily News says that Teddy wants his current wife to take the seat after he's gone but I think Joan should get it for all her troubles.

Wow!

IP Logged

Wild Bill
Rocks Off Regular

Peace, love y abrazos

East Ozarks
Reply #21 - May 22nd, 2008 at 11:02am
RIP to a hell of a murderous party animal, who, if he had not been born rich, would have been just another drunk.

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #22 - May 22nd, 2008 at 11:05am
On one level, he's just another OJ Simpson...

IP Logged

lotsajizz
Rocks Off Regular

Rhode Island
Reply #23 - May 22nd, 2008 at 11:29am
on the same level as, say,  Laura Bush

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #24 - May 22nd, 2008 at 11:31am
Quote:

oh, come on...teddy didn't murder mary jo. he just got too tipsy to help her swim. awful crime, but not as bad as moider.

"Why would any sane person want to leave Rocks Off? If you have an issue outside of Rocks Off, handle it. When you return it will be as if you never have left. Once you are here-it's expected you stay. Why waste long cultivated posting skills somewhere else? The outside world will not understand." -Nellie

"You can lead a horse to the facts, but you can't make the horse understand the facts if he's a dumbfuck horse stuck on stupid." - Riffy

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #25 - May 22nd, 2008 at 11:35am
He left the scene & knew she didn't get out. If that's not moider, it's at least manslaughter, no?

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #26 - May 22nd, 2008 at 11:41am
I was just thinking that it was nice that this thread did not turn ugly.
The man is controversial. There is no doubt.
But if you have nothing good to say, let's not say anything at all.

Agreed, glencar. The fact that is has been released and is sailing tells me the prognosis is very grim.

LJ.

IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #27 - May 22nd, 2008 at 12:01pm
My friend who posted at Disneyland and RO, died from stomach cancer about 2 years ago.  Really great guy.  I remember his last post to say goodbye, and about 2 weeks later he died.  His brother sent me a PM because my friend asked him to thank me.    I hope that he's enjoying heaven now.  
« Last Edit: May 22nd, 2008 at 12:03pm by Factory Girl »  

... &&Government is an association of men who do violence to the rest of us. &&Leo Tolstoy &&

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #28 - May 22nd, 2008 at 12:16pm
LadyJane wrote on May 22nd, 2008 at 11:41am:
I was just thinking that it was nice that this thread did not turn ugly.
The man is controversial. There is no doubt.
But if you have nothing good to say, let's not say anything at all.

Agreed, glencar. The fact that is has been released and is sailing tells me the prognosis is very grim.

LJ.

With all due respect, I don't see this as turning ugly, LJ. Teddy had his (to many) good points & to many he had his bad points. He's 76. These things will be discussed. Hey, at least he's not Arlen Specter who is in a similar situation & hasn't led the news all week.

IP Logged

lotsajizz
Rocks Off Regular

Rhode Island
Reply #29 - May 22nd, 2008 at 12:23pm
Quote:
He left the scene & knew she didn't get out. If that's not moider, it's at least manslaughter, no?

No.  And I do criminal defense in my practice.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #30 - May 22nd, 2008 at 2:39pm
" With all due respect, I don't see this as turning ugly, LJ. Teddy had his (to many) good points & to many he had his bad points. He's 76. These things will be discussed. Hey, at least he's not Arlen Specter who is in a similar situation & hasn't led the news all week "

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

zooeyglass
Rocks Off Regular

Seeker of truth and, regrettably,
finder of truth

USA
Reply #31 - May 22nd, 2008 at 3:54pm
lotsajizz wrote on May 22nd, 2008 at 12:23pm:
Quote:

No.  And I do criminal defense in my practice.

Negligent homicide could still apply.

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #32 - May 22nd, 2008 at 4:00pm
Factory Girl wrote on May 22nd, 2008 at 12:01pm:
My friend who posted at Disneyland and RO, died from stomach cancer about 2 years ago.  Really great guy.  I remember his last post to say goodbye, and about 2 weeks later he died.  His brother sent me a PM because my friend asked him to thank me.    I hope that he's enjoying heaven now.  

FG...

if you're referring to TracyGene, that was 2004. my, how time flies!

how time flies!

IP Logged

monkey_man
Rocks Off Regular

Fac ut vivas.

Reply #33 - May 22nd, 2008 at 4:55pm
VOTE Quimby!!

...&&&&.........&&&&"In other words shut the hell up about what others believe. It only makes you look like a small minded snob. "&&&&Riffy

IP Logged

robpop
Rocks Off Regular

My name is called disturbance!

City of Champions
Reply #34 - May 22nd, 2008 at 4:56pm
Good luck Ted.   I don't agree with a lot you stand for, but I hate to see anybody go out with cancer.  I hated Reagan, but nobody desevered what he had. Nobdoy.  Some are making fun of Ted now. truly classless assholes. 

...&&&&...

IP Logged

Wild Bill
Rocks Off Regular

Peace, love y abrazos

East Ozarks
Reply #35 - May 22nd, 2008 at 5:44pm
Tomorrow we'll make fun of Pelosi.

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #36 - May 22nd, 2008 at 6:46pm
Katie Couric did her nightly Teddy update. He's still sick. Meanwhile, another 1500 people died of cancer today, maybe someone you loved.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #37 - May 22nd, 2008 at 10:25pm
" Katie Couric did her nightly Teddy update. "

I thought CBS finally ' booted ' her off the air ?!

I thought .........................................

I emote ............................................

I ....... go to friggin bed .

Goodnight my babies !!!!

Skittles Joe 

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #38 - May 22nd, 2008 at 10:28pm
Starbuck wrote on May 22nd, 2008 at 11:31am:
Quote:

oh, come on...teddy didn't murder mary jo. he just got too tipsy to help her swim. awful crime, but not as bad as moider.

From what I remember, she was NOT dead when he left the car and walked to wherever he walked...and did NOT even tell anyone what happened! She died because he DIDN'T say anything to anyone who could have helped. THAT was no accident.

IP Logged

lotsajizz
Rocks Off Regular

Rhode Island
Reply #39 - May 23rd, 2008 at 4:27am
Sioux wrote on May 22nd, 2008 at 10:28pm:
Quote:

From what I remember, she was NOT dead when he left the car and walked to wherever he walked...and did NOT even tell anyone what happened! She died because he DIDN'T say anything to anyone who could have helped. THAT was no accident.

Like Clemens said of Pettitte, you misremember.

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #40 - May 23rd, 2008 at 6:15am
lotsajizz wrote on May 23rd, 2008 at 4:27am:
Quote:

Like Clemons said of Pettitte, you misremember.

Um, I think not. Go back and read about the incident. She lived for awhile after the crash. Kennedy did try to dive down to get her out but couldn't. Then he walked back to the cottage where the party had been, passing at least 4 houses where he could have called for help. He didn't. He got some friends and they wernt back to try to get her out but couldn't. So, the friends went back to the party cottage {not telling anyone what happened at Kennedy's request} and Ted went back to his hotel. He told no one. He went to sleep, woke up, complaining of a loud party in the next door room, woke up in the morning, didn't tell anyone. By 8:00 am, his friends joined him at the hotel and they had a "heated conversation". They went back to the dock, Kennedy called friends for advice. He STILL didn't report the incident to authorities.

That morning, 2 fishermen had seen the car in the water and called authorities. A diver went down and found her body. Her body was pressed up in the car at a point where an air bubble had formed. He said, had he received a call the night before, and had gone down to look for her in the same time frame that he did that morning, she would very likely have been found alive. Kennedy didn't go to the police station until they found that the car was registered in his name.

So, since she could very well had lived had he called for help right away....THAT'S why I said what I said earlier. She did not die on impact. She died a long, horrible death.

THe judge COULD have called for Kennedy's arrest. And they COULD have prosecuted him for manslaughter. But they CHOSE not to........because he was a Kennendy, of course.

« Last Edit: May 23rd, 2008 at 6:18am by Sioux »  

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #41 - May 23rd, 2008 at 6:22am
And, just because I think it was a "crime" that Kennedy wasn't prosecuted, he "paid" by losing any chance of every becoming President. And I'm still sobered and saddened by his diagnosis. NOBODY deserves to have cancer. It's a terrible disease. And I do pray for him and his family and for the doctors who are treating him...

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #42 - May 23rd, 2008 at 9:47am
But he almost DID become POTUS! That's the shocking thing. I'm glad he failed & I wish him Godspeed for what's left of his time.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #43 - May 23rd, 2008 at 11:21am
" From what I remember, she was NOT dead when he left the car and walked to wherever he walked...and did NOT even tell anyone what happened! She died because he DIDN'T say anything to anyone who could have helped. THAT was no accident "

W- What ?!

... !!!!!!!!

IP Logged

zooeyglass
Rocks Off Regular

Seeker of truth and, regrettably,
finder of truth

USA
Reply #44 - May 23rd, 2008 at 12:22pm
Sioux wrote on May 23rd, 2008 at 6:15am:
lotsajizz wrote on May 23rd, 2008 at 4:27am:
Quote:

Like Clemons said of Pettitte, you misremember.

Um, I think not. Go back and read about the incident. She lived for awhile after the crash. Kennedy did try to dive down to get her out but couldn't. Then he walked back to the cottage where the party had been, passing at least 4 houses where he could have called for help. He didn't. He got some friends and they wernt back to try to get her out but couldn't. So, the friends went back to the party cottage {not telling anyone what happened at Kennedy's request} and Ted went back to his hotel. He told no one. He went to sleep, woke up, complaining of a loud party in the next door room, woke up in the morning, didn't tell anyone. By 8:00 am, his friends joined him at the hotel and they had a "heated conversation". They went back to the dock, Kennedy called friends for advice. He STILL didn't report the incident to authorities.

That morning, 2 fishermen had seen the car in the water and called authorities. A diver went down and found her body. Her body was pressed up in the car at a point where an air bubble had formed. He said, had he received a call the night before, and had gone down to look for her in the same time frame that he did that morning, she would very likely have been found alive. Kennedy didn't go to the police station until they found that the car was registered in his name.

So, since she could very well had lived had he called for help right away....THAT'S why I said what I said earlier. She did not die on impact. She died a long, horrible death.

THe judge COULD have called for Kennedy's arrest. And they COULD have prosecuted him for manslaughter. But they CHOSE not to........because he was a Kennendy, of course.

True, she didn't die on impact and survived for an indefinite length of time so there was a good chance she could've been saved if proper help had been called for right away.  In this case CYA = Negligent homicide.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)