Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Meanwhile… somewhere in the US the Rolling Stones were starting tour rehearsals.. 🎸🎸 © The Rolling Stones

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Senator Edward M. Kennedy has a malignant tumor in (Read 6,542 times)
glencar
Ex Member

Re: Senator Edward M. Kennedy has a malignant tumo
Reply #25 - May 22nd, 2008 at 11:35am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
He left the scene & knew she didn't get out. If that's not moider, it's at least manslaughter, no?

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #26 - May 22nd, 2008 at 11:41am
I was just thinking that it was nice that this thread did not turn ugly.
The man is controversial. There is no doubt.
But if you have nothing good to say, let's not say anything at all.

Agreed, glencar. The fact that is has been released and is sailing tells me the prognosis is very grim.

LJ.

IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #27 - May 22nd, 2008 at 12:01pm
My friend who posted at Disneyland and RO, died from stomach cancer about 2 years ago.  Really great guy.  I remember his last post to say goodbye, and about 2 weeks later he died.  His brother sent me a PM because my friend asked him to thank me.    I hope that he's enjoying heaven now.  
« Last Edit: May 22nd, 2008 at 12:03pm by Factory Girl »  

... &&Government is an association of men who do violence to the rest of us. &&Leo Tolstoy &&

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #28 - May 22nd, 2008 at 12:16pm
LadyJane wrote on May 22nd, 2008 at 11:41am:
I was just thinking that it was nice that this thread did not turn ugly.
The man is controversial. There is no doubt.
But if you have nothing good to say, let's not say anything at all.

Agreed, glencar. The fact that is has been released and is sailing tells me the prognosis is very grim.

LJ.

With all due respect, I don't see this as turning ugly, LJ. Teddy had his (to many) good points & to many he had his bad points. He's 76. These things will be discussed. Hey, at least he's not Arlen Specter who is in a similar situation & hasn't led the news all week.

IP Logged

lotsajizz
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Rhode Island
Reply #29 - May 22nd, 2008 at 12:23pm
Quote:
He left the scene & knew she didn't get out. If that's not moider, it's at least manslaughter, no?

No.  And I do criminal defense in my practice.

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."  Dr. Johnson.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #30 - May 22nd, 2008 at 2:39pm
" With all due respect, I don't see this as turning ugly, LJ. Teddy had his (to many) good points & to many he had his bad points. He's 76. These things will be discussed. Hey, at least he's not Arlen Specter who is in a similar situation & hasn't led the news all week "

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

zooeyglass
Rocks Off Regular

Seeker of truth and, regrettably,
finder of truth

USA
Reply #31 - May 22nd, 2008 at 3:54pm
lotsajizz wrote on May 22nd, 2008 at 12:23pm:
Quote:

No.  And I do criminal defense in my practice.

Negligent homicide could still apply.

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #32 - May 22nd, 2008 at 4:00pm
Factory Girl wrote on May 22nd, 2008 at 12:01pm:
My friend who posted at Disneyland and RO, died from stomach cancer about 2 years ago.  Really great guy.  I remember his last post to say goodbye, and about 2 weeks later he died.  His brother sent me a PM because my friend asked him to thank me.    I hope that he's enjoying heaven now.  

FG...

if you're referring to TracyGene, that was 2004. my, how time flies!

how time flies!

"Why would any sane person want to leave Rocks Off? If you have an issue outside of Rocks Off, handle it. When you return it will be as if you never have left. Once you are here-it's expected you stay. Why waste long cultivated posting skills somewhere else? The outside world will not understand." -Nellie

“You assclowns are destroying this nation.” –Riffy

"You can lead a horse to the facts, but you can't make the horse understand the facts if he's a dumbfuck horse stuck on stupid." - Riffy

IP Logged

monkey_man
Rocks Off Regular

Fac ut vivas.

Reply #33 - May 22nd, 2008 at 4:55pm
VOTE Quimby!!

...&&&&.........&&&&"In other words shut the hell up about what others believe. It only makes you look like a small minded snob. "&&&&Riffy

IP Logged

robpop
Rocks Off Regular

My name is called disturbance!

City of Champions
Reply #34 - May 22nd, 2008 at 4:56pm
Good luck Ted.   I don't agree with a lot you stand for, but I hate to see anybody go out with cancer.  I hated Reagan, but nobody desevered what he had. Nobdoy.  Some are making fun of Ted now. truly classless assholes. 

...&&&&...

IP Logged

Wild Bill
Rocks Off Regular

Peace, love y abrazos

East Ozarks
Reply #35 - May 22nd, 2008 at 5:44pm
Tomorrow we'll make fun of Pelosi.

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #36 - May 22nd, 2008 at 6:46pm
Katie Couric did her nightly Teddy update. He's still sick. Meanwhile, another 1500 people died of cancer today, maybe someone you loved.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #37 - May 22nd, 2008 at 10:25pm
" Katie Couric did her nightly Teddy update. "

I thought CBS finally ' booted ' her off the air ?!

I thought .........................................

I emote ............................................

I ....... go to friggin bed .

Goodnight my babies !!!!

Skittles Joe 

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #38 - May 22nd, 2008 at 10:28pm
Starbuck wrote on May 22nd, 2008 at 11:31am:
Quote:
On one level, he's just another OJ Simpson...

oh, come on...teddy didn't murder mary jo. he just got too tipsy to help her swim. awful crime, but not as bad as moider.

From what I remember, she was NOT dead when he left the car and walked to wherever he walked...and did NOT even tell anyone what happened! She died because he DIDN'T say anything to anyone who could have helped. THAT was no accident.

"When you change with every new day, still I'm going to miss you, Brian"

IP Logged

lotsajizz
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Rhode Island
Reply #39 - May 23rd, 2008 at 4:27am
Sioux wrote on May 22nd, 2008 at 10:28pm:
Quote:

oh, come on...teddy didn't murder mary jo. he just got too tipsy to help her swim. awful crime, but not as bad as moider.

From what I remember, she was NOT dead when he left the car and walked to wherever he walked...and did NOT even tell anyone what happened! She died because he DIDN'T say anything to anyone who could have helped. THAT was no accident.

Like Clemens said of Pettitte, you misremember.

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."  Dr. Johnson.

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #40 - May 23rd, 2008 at 6:15am
lotsajizz wrote on May 23rd, 2008 at 4:27am:
Quote:

Like Clemons said of Pettitte, you misremember.

Um, I think not. Go back and read about the incident. She lived for awhile after the crash. Kennedy did try to dive down to get her out but couldn't. Then he walked back to the cottage where the party had been, passing at least 4 houses where he could have called for help. He didn't. He got some friends and they wernt back to try to get her out but couldn't. So, the friends went back to the party cottage {not telling anyone what happened at Kennedy's request} and Ted went back to his hotel. He told no one. He went to sleep, woke up, complaining of a loud party in the next door room, woke up in the morning, didn't tell anyone. By 8:00 am, his friends joined him at the hotel and they had a "heated conversation". They went back to the dock, Kennedy called friends for advice. He STILL didn't report the incident to authorities.

That morning, 2 fishermen had seen the car in the water and called authorities. A diver went down and found her body. Her body was pressed up in the car at a point where an air bubble had formed. He said, had he received a call the night before, and had gone down to look for her in the same time frame that he did that morning, she would very likely have been found alive. Kennedy didn't go to the police station until they found that the car was registered in his name.

So, since she could very well had lived had he called for help right away....THAT'S why I said what I said earlier. She did not die on impact. She died a long, horrible death.

THe judge COULD have called for Kennedy's arrest. And they COULD have prosecuted him for manslaughter. But they CHOSE not to........because he was a Kennendy, of course.

« Last Edit: May 23rd, 2008 at 6:18am by Sioux »  

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #41 - May 23rd, 2008 at 6:22am
And, just because I think it was a "crime" that Kennedy wasn't prosecuted, he "paid" by losing any chance of every becoming President. And I'm still sobered and saddened by his diagnosis. NOBODY deserves to have cancer. It's a terrible disease. And I do pray for him and his family and for the doctors who are treating him...

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #42 - May 23rd, 2008 at 9:47am
But he almost DID become POTUS! That's the shocking thing. I'm glad he failed & I wish him Godspeed for what's left of his time.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #43 - May 23rd, 2008 at 11:21am
" From what I remember, she was NOT dead when he left the car and walked to wherever he walked...and did NOT even tell anyone what happened! She died because he DIDN'T say anything to anyone who could have helped. THAT was no accident "

W- What ?!

... !!!!!!!!

IP Logged

zooeyglass
Rocks Off Regular

Seeker of truth and, regrettably,
finder of truth

USA
Reply #44 - May 23rd, 2008 at 12:22pm
Sioux wrote on May 23rd, 2008 at 6:15am:
lotsajizz wrote on May 23rd, 2008 at 4:27am:
Quote:

Like Clemons said of Pettitte, you misremember.

Um, I think not. Go back and read about the incident. She lived for awhile after the crash. Kennedy did try to dive down to get her out but couldn't. Then he walked back to the cottage where the party had been, passing at least 4 houses where he could have called for help. He didn't. He got some friends and they wernt back to try to get her out but couldn't. So, the friends went back to the party cottage {not telling anyone what happened at Kennedy's request} and Ted went back to his hotel. He told no one. He went to sleep, woke up, complaining of a loud party in the next door room, woke up in the morning, didn't tell anyone. By 8:00 am, his friends joined him at the hotel and they had a "heated conversation". They went back to the dock, Kennedy called friends for advice. He STILL didn't report the incident to authorities.

That morning, 2 fishermen had seen the car in the water and called authorities. A diver went down and found her body. Her body was pressed up in the car at a point where an air bubble had formed. He said, had he received a call the night before, and had gone down to look for her in the same time frame that he did that morning, she would very likely have been found alive. Kennedy didn't go to the police station until they found that the car was registered in his name.

So, since she could very well had lived had he called for help right away....THAT'S why I said what I said earlier. She did not die on impact. She died a long, horrible death.

THe judge COULD have called for Kennedy's arrest. And they COULD have prosecuted him for manslaughter. But they CHOSE not to........because he was a Kennendy, of course.

True, she didn't die on impact and survived for an indefinite length of time so there was a good chance she could've been saved if proper help had been called for right away.  In this case CYA = Negligent homicide.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)