Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
"The Collector's Series - Rolling Stones Hot Rocks 1962 - 1969" © Mojo with thanks to Irina and Rollover

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
B2B LOVE (Read 5,058 times)
Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Re: B2B LOVE
Reply #25 - May 21st, 2008 at 12:07am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
I was never "crazy" about B2B per say, but I did think it was a good album for the most part.

It was not a disappointment. It has a "twisty" or...sort of winded turns type of run to it as it plays along is the best way I can describe how the album plays. The production is definately all over this album and shows different approaches to creating or more to the point, recording a Stones tune.

The album has a cold, personal, introspective feel where as Voodoo Lounge had warm, warm summer nights fell all over it. VL had a "lets have a great time guys....it's the Stones" feel to it. Voodoo Lounge was a very lets get together together and party album where-as Bridges seemed to be for the purpose of listening to it by yourself, and on a colder rainy fall night.

These releases took two totally different directions in feel and style. B2B has Gunface. A true gem. A problem with B2B may be in that it lacks a true "playing together as a band" characteristic that is always a nice Stones quality. Again though B2B was an over all quality release that had some interesting stuff. 

Not the all time greatest album for me but I did enjoy it enough. I thought the album was a good album, just not my favorite Stones stuff is all. I was not nuts over it. It has it's own place on the shelf and I appreciated that in it. I thought it showed a complex side to the Stones, in a good way.

Ian
« Last Edit: May 21st, 2008 at 12:13am by Ian Billen »  

Thought you were dinner  ...but you were the shark ..

IP Logged

Gimme Shelter
Rocks Off Regular

THE ROLLING STONES #1

Bend, OR
Reply #26 - May 21st, 2008 at 8:41pm
It's a Stones album. It's GREAT!!!!! What the fuck?

Music, to me, is the joy, right? I love my kids most of the time, and I love my wife most of the time. Music I love all the time. It's the only constant thing in my life. It's the one thing you can count on. :Keith Richards 1993

&&... &&...
https://www.facebook.com/MARKMMCCOLLUM  
IP Logged

Gimme Shelter
Rocks Off Regular

THE ROLLING STONES #1

Bend, OR
Reply #27 - May 21st, 2008 at 8:41pm
ALSO A GREAT TOUR

Music, to me, is the joy, right? I love my kids most of the time, and I love my wife most of the time. Music I love all the time. It's the only constant thing in my life. It's the one thing you can count on. :Keith Richards 1993

&&... &&...
https://www.facebook.com/MARKMMCCOLLUM  
IP Logged

gotdablouse
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Paris, France
Reply #28 - May 22nd, 2008 at 6:36am
True, I'd go all the was as to say it was the last "real tour" before they became an oldies act, ah that friggin' 98 UK Tax affair...without that they would have never dared to tour in 1999 with no new album, on the plus side we got to see them in Arenas again, couldn't believe my luck in 04/1999 in San Jose when I was 20 feet away from the B-stage for Midnight Rambler...

IP Logged

CatsBanquet
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #29 - May 23rd, 2008 at 4:43am
I like  when they take some risks with "juiced" & the 3 Keith's songs.
I prefer "saint of me" to "shine a light" as rock/gospel.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)