Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Besides Altmont, Did the Stones ever stop?...Ian (Read 4,720 times)
tookthatname
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Re: Besides Altmont, Did the Stones ever stop?...I
Reply #25 - May 20th, 2008 at 12:11am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
maybe i should have made it clearer, the bad part of the storm was about 7 or 8 hours before the show

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #26 - May 20th, 2008 at 3:54am
tookthatname wrote on May 19th, 2008 at 10:07pm:
Ian Billen wrote on May 19th, 2008 at 9:46pm:
tookthatname wrote on May 19th, 2008 at 6:32pm:
In Cleveland on the Steel Wheels tour there was a intense but quick storm (tornadoes, hail, winds that nearly flipped my car driving a few blocks from the stadium) earlier in the day. tore up the "soft" (banners etc,) part of the stage, but it cleared up for show time.

Wonder if there were ever any pauses or delays for weather at any shows

I am guessing your joking here.     ...Come now, we all know better.

Ian

not joking at all.

I grew up 1 block from Lake Erie. about the same distance as the stadium, but east of it.you get really bad storm fronts that come off the lake every so often. usually its just te front thats like that and the actual storm isn't. but for 15 minutes to 1/2 hour all hell breaks loose.

actually a storm just as bad came through the same weekend a year later. the suburb just east of cleveland was without power for a week. i was hitchhiking trying to get away from it and the wind was so bad that i was hanging on to a freeway sign to keep from being blown away. ran to a bar to wait it out. when i came back out the freeway sign was gone.

I see. It was colder that day. I was at the show but live over an hour away. I gotta say where we were all day the sky's were completely blue. I even remarked that there was not a cloud in sight. Anyway, the show was nothing short of being total raucous power Stones.

Ian

Thought you were dinner  ...but you were the shark ..

IP Logged

tookthatname
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #27 - May 21st, 2008 at 3:27pm
Ian Billen wrote on May 20th, 2008 at 3:54am:
tookthatname wrote on May 19th, 2008 at 10:07pm:
Ian Billen wrote on May 19th, 2008 at 9:46pm:
tookthatname wrote on May 19th, 2008 at 6:32pm:
In Cleveland on the Steel Wheels tour there was a intense but quick storm (tornadoes, hail, winds that nearly flipped my car driving a few blocks from the stadium) earlier in the day. tore up the "soft" (banners etc,) part of the stage, but it cleared up for show time.

Wonder if there were ever any pauses or delays for weather at any shows

I am guessing your joking here.     ...Come now, we all know better.

Ian

not joking at all.

I grew up 1 block from Lake Erie. about the same distance as the stadium, but east of it.you get really bad storm fronts that come off the lake every so often. usually its just te front thats like that and the actual storm isn't. but for 15 minutes to 1/2 hour all hell breaks loose.

actually a storm just as bad came through the same weekend a year later. the suburb just east of cleveland was without power for a week. i was hitchhiking trying to get away from it and the wind was so bad that i was hanging on to a freeway sign to keep from being blown away. ran to a bar to wait it out. when i came back out the freeway sign was gone.

I see. It was colder that day. I was at the show but live over an hour away. I gotta say where we were all day the sky's were completely blue. I even remarked that there was not a cloud in sight. Anyway, the show was nothing short of being total raucous power Stones.

Ian

HHmmm... I remember probably one of the 2 bad shows i ever saw them do. so cold Ronnie was having trouble playing because he was wearing gloves. they didn't catch a groove till 2000/light years - sympathy.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)