Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Meanwhile… somewhere in the US the Rolling Stones were starting tour rehearsals.. 🎸🎸 © The Rolling Stones

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
No veiled offers for gown Jerry Hall wore to wed M (Read 791 times)
moy
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Mars
No veiled offers for gown Jerry Hall wore to wed M
May 16th, 2008 at 8:08pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
No veiled offers for gown Jerry Hall wore to wed Mick Jagger
Anybody want to buy Jerry Hall's wedding gown?

The one she wore to marry Rolling Stone Mick Jagger? Oh, now you're intriqued?

The Antony Price white lace gown will probably fetch $600 to $1,000. The sale, with 429 other items, including couture by Dior, Balmain, Thierry Mugler and Balenciaga, will benefit a British charity that helps the homeless.

The auction starts June 10 in London at Sotheby's Olympia, after a two day preview.

Not sure about the wedding gown, but I'd bid on these wild and crazy plaid outfits -- if they were on the block -- worn by Jerry Hall and Mick Jagger (long before they got married) at her birthday party at Xenon's disco in New York in 1981.

Check out Mick's Nicole Richie-esque oversized shades and chapeau. Looks like something Heath Ledger would have appreciated.

IP Logged

moy
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Mars
Jerry Hall To Auction Her Wedding Dress To Mick Ja
Reply #1 - May 16th, 2008 at 8:17pm
Jerry Hall To Auction Her Wedding Dress To Mick Jagger To Benefit The Homeless
May 16, 2008 7:03 a.m. EST

Anne Lu - Celebrity News Service News Writer
London, England (CNS) - Former supermodel Jerry Hall is putting her own closet up for auction. She is handing over her stuff, including her wedding dress, to benefit the homeless.

The former partner of Rolling Stones lead Mick Jagger will put 430 of her stuff up for auction to benefit the Emmaus charity. The items would include 430 articles of clothing, accessories, textiles dating from 1700 to 2000, and couture creations by top designers Dior, Balmain, and Balenciaga.

The auction is set to take place at Sotheby's Olympia in London on June 10 after a two-day exhibition.

Perhaps, one of the most memorable pieces included is the wedding dress the 51-year-old wore for her nuptials to Jagger in 1990. The dress is estimated to fetch from $600 to $1,000.

Other stand out items include designs by British fashion designers Bruce Oldfield and Antony Price, her showgirl outfit in the film "Bus Stop," and a Thierry Mugler pink satin and cut velvet evening ensemble.

Hall has been quoted by fashionweekdaily.com as saying, "I have led a very glamorous life in many ways, but I know all too well how quickly lives can become derailed. I have been fortunate enough to have always had plenty of support, but not everyone is as lucky. It is easier than you might think to lose everything.

Hall was "married" to the rocker in an unofficial Balinese ceremony in 1990. They separated in 1999.

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Re: No veiled offers for gown Jerry Hall wore to w
Reply #2 - May 16th, 2008 at 8:58pm
Actually thats not alot of money for a wedding gown, but who could fit into it? {tall models) I'd buy it for my next wedding, if I were a nutcase who believed in 'happily ever after'
yeah happily ever after the divorce  Kiss my undercover ass  

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Re: No veiled offers for gown Jerry Hall wore to w
Reply #3 - May 16th, 2008 at 9:27pm
I like this pic. I wish I knew photoshop.
Mick's caption : " Ahhh...not a legally binding ceremony per my Accountants."  will ya 2

http://picsrv.fashionweekdaily.com/fif=/fashionweekdaily/img_499_198536_4552.jpg...

LJ.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)