Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Conspiracy Theory of L. A. Rock (Read 952 times)
andrews27
Rocks Off Regular

Wake up Bowie or we all
through!!

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Conspiracy Theory of L. A. Rock
May 16th, 2008 at 12:01am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Sorry, Gazza.  The Crosby and Stills parts alone are worth the time wasted.  And *John Phillips!*

"It is the first week of August, 1964, and U.S. warships under the command of U.S. Navy Admiral George Stephen Morrison have allegedly come under attack while patrolling Vietnam’s Tonkin Gulf. This event, subsequently dubbed the ‘Tonkin Gulf Incident,’ will result in the immediate passing by the U.S. Congress of the obviously pre-drafted Tonkin Gulf Resolution, which will, in turn, quickly lead to America’s deep immersion into the bloody Vietnam quagmire. Before it is over, well over fifty thousand American bodies – along with literally millions of Southeast Asian bodies – will litter the battlefields of Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia. ...

"One of the earliest on the Laurel Canyon/Sunset Strip scene is Jim Morrison, the enigmatic lead singer of The Doors. Jim will quickly become one of the most iconic, controversial, critically acclaimed, and influential figures to take up residence in Laurel Canyon. Curiously enough though, the self-proclaimed “Lizard King” has another claim to fame as well, albeit one that none of his numerous chroniclers will feel is of much relevance to his career and possible untimely death: he is the son, as it turns out, of the aforementioned Admiral George Stephen Morrison."  [Continued]

http://constantineinstitute.blogspot.com/2008/05/strange-but-mostly-true-story-o...

Ouch!
« Last Edit: May 16th, 2008 at 12:02am by andrews27 »  

That guy that punched Mick at Altamont...and all the Hell's Angels...all that bad acid let them hear A Bigger Bang!!

IP Logged

TenThousandMotels
Ex Member

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Re: Conspiracy Theory of L. A. Rock
Reply #1 - May 16th, 2008 at 9:29am
Some crazy shit there? But I'm not sure what if any conclusions can be drawn though. Except that "truth is stranger than fiction" maybe.

IP Logged

andrews27
Rocks Off Regular

Wake up Bowie or we all
through!!

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Reply #2 - May 16th, 2008 at 9:39am
A lot of the biography of Stills, Crosby, Zappa - almost everybody - I've heard before, and it's substantially accurate.  Maybe it's just that if you wanted to set yourself up as a top scenester in LA, you needed family  money for those Laurel Canyon digs.  Otherwise, you went the low-rent Charlie Manson route.  Morrison, with his fetishes for cheap booze and fleabag motels, may have gravitated away from the trend.  Whatever.  When Part 2 emerges I'll post a link to that.

Though let's not forget how rich and connected Owsley Stanley was...
« Last Edit: May 16th, 2008 at 9:42am by andrews27 »  

That guy that punched Mick at Altamont...and all the Hell's Angels...all that bad acid let them hear A Bigger Bang!!

IP Logged

Nasty Habits
Rocks Off Regular

God Rolls His Own!!

The Land of the Blue Sky
Reply #3 - May 16th, 2008 at 9:45am
Good read.  I love Crosby Stills and Nash stories.  Their various idiocies and humiliations are some of my favorite parts of the Neil Young Shakey bio.

IP Logged

andrews27
Rocks Off Regular

Wake up Bowie or we all
through!!

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Reply #4 - May 16th, 2008 at 10:19am
Nasty Habits wrote on May 16th, 2008 at 9:45am:
Good read.  I love Crosby Stills and Nash stories.  Their various idiocies and humiliations are some of my favorite parts of the Neil Young Shakey bio.

That's a swell book, though Neil had issues with it after agreeing to cooperate.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)