Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
In memory of Tom Layhue (TomL, Sai Wong, Willie Dixon)
With Jini telling the truth to the world © Don't remember!

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ginger Tosser NSC (Read 463 times)
Deathgod
Rocks Off Regular

The Artist Formerly Known
as Daethgod

Ocean Grove Australia Earth
Ginger Tosser NSC
May 15th, 2008 at 6:53am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Simply Red Star Goes Solo, Speaks Out Against Ginger Racism
Wed 14 May 2008

Simply Red star Mick Hucknall has spoken out against anti-ginger "racism" this week. "When it comes to name calling for being ginger or for the way you talk, then that's simple bullying," Hucknall said.

"It worries me to think how seven year-olds running around a playground could get bullied just for the colour of their hair. It's like racism, not the same but the principle is similar," the impassioned singer continued. "The truth is if you're successful, you've sold a load of albums and slept with a load of women - and all the rest of it is just pure envy," he says.

The flame-haired singer is releasing his first solo album ever next week. A Tribute To Bobby is a collection of soul classics covered by Hucknall. The record is dedicated to jazz star, Bobby Bland. "His music has this sophistication to it, a jazz tinge," Hucknall explains. "There’s also the darkness of his lyrics – Bobby sings with a really twisted pain and sorrow. He’s one of the vocalists who influenced my singing style long before I became a slave to pop success."

Hucknall announced his decision to dissolve longtime band, Simply Red earlier this year. "I've kind of decided that the 25 years is going to be enough," Hucknall told the BBC last October. Simply Red will disband in 2009, after they've completed their last tour.

http://maxtv.com.au/Max/Article.aspx?ID=1852

RO old skool : Posts: 1170 | Registered: Nov 2002

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)