Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Meanwhile… somewhere in the US the Rolling Stones were starting tour rehearsals.. 🎸🎸 © The Rolling Stones

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Humble church works to forgive teens accused of ma (Read 1,339 times)
mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Humble church works to forgive teens accused of ma
May 12th, 2008 at 12:19pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Humble church works to forgive teens accused of making skull bong

06:32 AM CDT on Monday, May 12, 2008

By Kevin Peters / 11 News

HUMBLE, Texas — A pastor in Humble requested on Sunday that members of his church forgive the group of teens who allegedly dug up the corpse of a boy and used the skull to smoke pot.

Pastor Scott Jones said that one of the tenets of the church is forgiveness.

“We have a responsibility as Christians to release these young men,” Jones said.

But that’s asking his congregation to dig deep. The Grace Church of Humble serves as caretaker for the old Humble Negro Cemetery, where the alleged crime took place.

The church took on the job roughly two years ago, and many in the congregation were horrified to learn of the charges against the teens.

Police believe the teens dug up the 11-year-old boy’s grave and made a bong out of his skull. 

Three of the teens have already been arrested, and a fourth may also face charges.

But Jones said the church can’t carry a grudge.

“Let the judicial system do what it’s going to do. But as for us, as a congregation, it’s our responsibility to release those guys into the hands of God and the hands of the judges,” he said.

Volunteers with the church plan to return to the cemetery to continue repairs on Memorial Day weekend.

11 News

The 11-year-old boy's grave
They also said they plan to reach out to the families of the accused teens, who the pastor says are also suffering.

“These parents, these families are from this area. And our heart goes out to them. We’ve never met them, but we would love to see if we could help them through the painful process,” Jones said

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Re: Humble church works to forgive teens accused o
Reply #1 - May 12th, 2008 at 1:25pm
this is why you should always carry some zig zags!

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #2 - May 12th, 2008 at 1:55pm
Pdog wrote on May 12th, 2008 at 1:25pm:
this is why you should always carry some zig zags!

zig zags for jesus?

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #3 - May 12th, 2008 at 3:37pm
Is there a poll on skull bongs?  I'm pretty sure I'm against it, but I want to see which way the wind is blowing before I commit.

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

Zack
Rocks Off Regular

Chiba Face Rules You Bastards!

Dakar
Reply #4 - May 12th, 2008 at 3:48pm
How To Make a Skull Bong
A guide for the ultimate deadhead.
By Arthur Delaney
Posted Friday, May 9, 2008, at 6:02 PM ET

How do you convert a skull into a bong?

On Thursday, the Houston Chronicle posted a story on its Web site about three teenagers who, according to Houston police, dug up the grave of an 11-year-old boy buried in 1921, removed the corpse's head, and used it as a bong to smoke marijuana. Police have not found the head and say heavy rain has prevented them checking the open grave for a casket. If it's true that the kids stole a skull, could they really have used it as a bong?

Maybe. If the Texas teenagers recovered a skull in ideal condition, they would still have a lot of work to do before they could smoke weed out of it. There are different types of bongs, but any workable model must offer a seal tight enough that water and smoke cannot escape. Assuming the skull was used right-side up, and that the pot-smokers used the brain cavity as their bong chamber, thin fissures in the eye sockets and any other holes would need to be sealed with something like grout to prevent the smoke from seeping out. The teens would also have to cover over the base of the skull, which contains a large opening through which spinal nerves reach the brain. And there are dozens of small nerve holes, called foramina, which might produce a watering-can effect if left unplugged.

The most effective skull bong might include a removable "slide," a tube that holds lighted marijuana in a bowl on one end and carries smoke into the water in the chamber at the other end. The slide could be inserted into the chamber via a snug hole in an airtight seal over the nasal opening. The user would need to drill a hole in the top of the skull to use as a mouthpiece. While lighting the marijuana in the bowl, the user would suck on the mouthpiece to draw smoke through the water and into the chamber; then he would remove the slide and inhale the smoke.

If the skull were too brittle to be easily drilled, the teenagers might have flipped it upside down. Then they could put the slide through the nose as before but use the large hole at the base of the skull—the foramen magnum—as the mouthpiece. The disadvantage of this method would be the tendency for the skull bong to roll over when set down.

This all assumes that the teenagers had gotten their hands on an undamaged skull. The decomposition of a corpse depends on a number of factors, such as whether the body has been embalmed, what type of casket is used, and the conditions of the surrounding environment. In ideal conditions, an embalmed body might be covered in leathery flesh for years, which would make using the head as a bong unappealing to squeamish stoners. (There might be some residual brain tissue left inside.) In less pristine conditions, groundwater might have eroded everything, even the bones.

Ed: As a Deadhead I take issue with the sub-headline.

Only a crowd can make you feel so alone.

IP Logged

Holden
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Tampa Bay
Reply #5 - May 12th, 2008 at 3:56pm
An 11 year old boy? If they had enough balls to dig up a corpse they could have at least gotten someone a bit cooler. John Lennon? Jerry Garcia? Elvis?

mrhipfl  
IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #6 - May 12th, 2008 at 6:26pm
when i die, I want my tat'd skin made into lamp shades and my skull to be used as a bong... i've elft all my vitals as a donor... like i'm going to need this shit, i want to live on somehow!

IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #7 - May 12th, 2008 at 6:52pm

Trying to turn schwag into heady weed.

Stupid wooks...

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #8 - May 12th, 2008 at 6:57pm
Pdog wrote on May 12th, 2008 at 6:26pm:
when i die, I want my tat'd skin made into lamp shades and my skull to be used as a bong... i've elft all my vitals as a donor... like i'm going to need this shit, i want to live on somehow!

ze fuhrer is pleased.........

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)