Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Building the stage, Houston, TX - April 2024 © Alesia Turner with thanks to christijanus and Rogerriffin

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Hillary for VEEP  ... ( Stones Content ) (Read 9,944 times)
gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Re: Hillary for VEEP  ... ( Stones Content )
Reply #50 - May 11th, 2008 at 7:43pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
And we continue to debate about 3 nominees I wouldnt vote for President of my fuckin Home Owners Association.....

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #51 - May 11th, 2008 at 9:46pm

OK. You have to hear me out on this. Seriously:

In all fairness the race is NOT over. Yes, she still has a sustantial chance at nabbing it. I'll tell you why.

When the race concludes they will have seated Florida and Michigan via the meeting on the 31rst of this month. They are going to seat those delegates. At least 50% from each state by DNC rules.

Then, Hillary will be within 100 delegates. She will also have the popular vote. Which will be taken into consideration for the nomination.

She will have ALL key states under her belt. :California, Ohio, New York, Michigan, Florida, Texas
(not to mention...Indiana, a true "test state" because of the demographic this year).

Also, Hillary will be anticipated to have a moderate win against Mcain in the general by the polls (as she is right now).

Ohbama polls show he cuts even with Mcain, may slightly win, or loose according to polls (as he is right now).

Almost all of Hillary's voters more than likely will not vote for Ohbama. A few (not many but more than the reverse) of Ohbama's people will vote for Hillary if she is the nominee.

Now, pretend you are a Superdelegate and now you have to put all your hatred, and obstinate thought against Hillary Clinton (or Ian Billen's opinion for this matter, as I know folks here like to dis-agree with me for the heck of it without truly looking at it openly) aside and look at the facts. Who would you choose if you are concerned about getting one of those two elected in November? After all, this is what the superdelegates opinion is for the most part supposed to be based on.

You cannot tell me at this point it would be Obahma.

Ian

Thought you were dinner  ...but you were the shark ..

IP Logged

ijwthstd
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #52 - May 12th, 2008 at 1:53am
If the so-called "key states" mattered so much more than the other states, then why bother holding votes there?

Also "Almost all of Hillary's voters more than likely will not vote for Ohbama" is so patently ridiculous. I would say most Democrats in the end will vote for who they are told to. A few might stay home but most Democrats will vote for the Democrat on the ticket.

Like the past few elections, the deciding factor will be a small number of swing voters in a few states such as Ohio, Iowa, New Mexico and New Hampshire.

"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest.&&&&http://www.soundcloud.com/thesameoldsauce
TotallyRandomDan  
IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #53 - May 12th, 2008 at 4:45am
ijwthstd wrote on May 12th, 2008 at 1:53am:
If the so-called "key states" mattered so much more than the other states, then why bother holding votes there?

Also "Almost all of Hillary's voters more than likely will not vote for Ohbama" is so patently ridiculous. I would say most Democrats in the end will vote for who they are told to. A few might stay home but most Democrats will vote for the Democrat on the ticket.

Like the past few elections, the deciding factor will be a small number of swing voters in a few states such as Ohio, Iowa, New Mexico and New Hampshire.

I see your point by most voters will vote for the Dem if in fact they are a Dem but as of now that is pure speculation. I even agree with you for the most part on this issue but still right now it is speculation (even though the polls are nothing but speculation anyway.)<theres irony for you in my argument eh.

Sure ALL the states matter but when I say "key" I mean the states holding the largest electoral votes which are considered the "big Chip states" in the general. She won all of them. I realize this is not the general and you can't figure she will surely win them in the November election as well but still, she is the stronger candidate in those states by her winning them now. You don't want to replace the runner up in place of the winner in those states do you? You want your strongest person in there for that. By Obahma being the nominee it will be doing just that. A Runner up in the big states as well as the swing states. It is not a wise choice from a strategic standpoint even though he may have a slight delegate lead over-all.

Regardless, you speak of "swing voters" in key states will ultimately decide the general elections fate in that you mention Iowa, Ohio, NM, and NH. Well she won three out of four of those states remember.

This adds to my point exactly. She has the key states and swing states ....what eles can you ask for.

Ian
« Last Edit: May 12th, 2008 at 4:51am by Ian Billen »  

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #54 - May 12th, 2008 at 8:16am
Joey, the weather channel is for sale, look for big changes. Local on the 5's?

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #55 - May 12th, 2008 at 9:00am
" In all fairness the race is NOT over. Yes, she still has a sustantial chance at nabbing it. I'll tell you why.

When the race concludes they will have seated Florida and Michigan via the meeting on the 31rst of this month. They are going to seat those delegates. At least 50% from each state by DNC rules.

Then, Hillary will be within 100 delegates. She will also have the popular vote. Which will be taken into consideration for the nomination.

She will have ALL key states under her belt. :California, Ohio, New York, Michigan, Florida, Texas
(not to mention...Indiana, a true "test state" because of the demographic this year).

Also, Hillary will be anticipated to have a moderate win against Mcain in the general by the polls (as she is right now).

Ohbama polls show he cuts even with Mcain, may slightly win, or loose according to polls (as he is right now).

Almost all of Hillary's voters more than likely will not vote for Ohbama. A few (not many but more than the reverse) of Ohbama's people will vote for Hillary if she is the nominee.

Now, pretend you are a Superdelegate and now you have to put all your hatred, and obstinate thought against Hillary Clinton (or Ian Billen's opinion for this matter, as I know folks here like to dis-agree with me for the heck of it without truly looking at it openly) aside and look at the facts. Who would you choose if you are concerned about getting one of those two elected in November? After all, this is what the superdelegates opinion is for the most part supposed to be based on.

You cannot tell me at this point it would be Obahma.  "

Ian .........................................

You are a very smart individual .

I am proud , PROUD to call you my Stonesian Brother .

.....and I remain  ...... FOREVER  .... your Joey

" Hit Me Ronnie ! "

J.R.R. Tolken Joe !

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #56 - May 12th, 2008 at 9:09am
I overheard it on tv- abc and nbc are bidding. I heard 5 Billion or was it bazillion.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #57 - May 12th, 2008 at 9:13am
Joey wrote on May 12th, 2008 at 9:11am:
" overheard it on tv- abc and nbc are bidding.  "

Link Please

'k

www.nebraskacoeds.com

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #58 - May 12th, 2008 at 9:21am

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #59 - May 12th, 2008 at 6:35pm
Joey wrote on May 12th, 2008 at 11:10am:
" www.mellowmushroom.com "

Some Guy ..........................

I have had a serious , SERIOUS case of ' anal leakage ' all morning long .

Why ?!

WHY ?!

Why? Because you shove stuff up in your ass all weekend long!

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #60 - May 12th, 2008 at 9:32pm
Joey wrote on May 12th, 2008 at 9:00am:
" In all fairness the race is NOT over. Yes, she still has a sustantial chance at nabbing it. I'll tell you why.

You cannot tell me at this point it would be Obahma.  "

Ian .........................................

You are a very smart individual .

I am proud , PROUD to call you my Stonesian Brother .

.....and I remain  ...... FOREVER  .... your Joey

" Hit Me Ronnie ! "

J.R.R. Tolken Joe !

Joey I like you because you are "all about a good time" and you never trash anyone (even though sometimes you may disagree inside).

I respect this all the way. I can tell you that I got your back Brother if the shit ever hits the fan around here. Keep on being Joey.

Ian

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #61 - May 13th, 2008 at 7:42am
" I respect this all the way. I can tell you that I got your back Brother if the shit ever hits the fan around here. Keep on being Joey. "

Ian  ..... you are much loved by Joey .

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)