Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Meggie Queen of Arkansas... (Read 7,817 times)
Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Meggie Queen of Arkansas...
May 5th, 2008 at 11:51am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Meg!

Bought "Greetings for Asbury Park" a month ago and am digesting it now that "Kinks Week" is over...

just wondering how you springsteen nuts think this album compares to band on the run, beware of darkness on the edge of town, and nebraska me why....the only other of bruce's albums that i am overly familiar with.

i seriously dig bruce...but i don't dig him the way i dig my stones, dylan, bowie or beatles....
« Last Edit: May 5th, 2008 at 2:44pm by Starbuck »  

"Why would any sane person want to leave Rocks Off? If you have an issue outside of Rocks Off, handle it. When you return it will be as if you never have left. Once you are here-it's expected you stay. Why waste long cultivated posting skills somewhere else? The outside world will not understand." -Nellie

“You assclowns are destroying this nation.” –Riffy

"You can lead a horse to the facts, but you can't make the horse understand the facts if he's a dumbfuck horse stuck on stupid." - Riffy

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Re: Meggie Queen of Arkansas...
Reply #1 - May 5th, 2008 at 11:52am
also, anyone who wants to can feel free to use this post to up your post count!

"Why would any sane person want to leave Rocks Off? If you have an issue outside of Rocks Off, handle it. When you return it will be as if you never have left. Once you are here-it's expected you stay. Why waste long cultivated posting skills somewhere else? The outside world will not understand." -Nellie

"You can lead a horse to the facts, but you can't make the horse understand the facts if he's a dumbfuck horse stuck on stupid." - Riffy

IP Logged

PartyDoll MEG
Rocks Off Regular

Just one drink from your
lovin' cup

Reply #2 - May 5th, 2008 at 12:48pm
Bucky..Are you serious?!!!

All Old Bruce is excellento...

Feel free to keep exploring...

Have you already ingested "The Wild, The Innocent, and the E Street Shuffle"? That should be next on your list.  And do feel free to ask ..

I am soooo glad that Kinks week is over

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #3 - May 5th, 2008 at 12:54pm
Greetings wouldnt be close to my favourite Bruce album - although aside from Mary Queen of Arkansas and The Angel (both of which I've never liked) the rest of the album is really good.....the songs when played live, though, are another matter...and its still a better album than Born In The USA, Human Touch or Lucky Town.

My favourite is probably either The Wild, The Innocent & the E Street Shuffle or Born to Run.

Starbuck - you have blasphemed by referring to Bruce's meisterwork 3rd album as "Band on the run". Please edit your post immediately to avoid further distress and embarrassment.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Child of the Moon
Rocks Off Regular

Plug in, flush out, and
fire the fuckin' feed...

In the timbers of Fennario
Reply #4 - May 5th, 2008 at 1:00pm
It was the first album of his that actually made sense to me - I was long familiar with the man's music, but Greetings was the first disc that really made me "get it." I certainly like everything on it - Mary Queen of Arkansas was an early fave of mine, actually - and it has a wonderful sound to it.

These days, it's his second album that stands as my favorite, but I still have a soft spot for his debut.

"[What does God look like?] Probably a very insignificant little creature. Probably invisible. I don't think he needs a look. And I tell you , if he has one, he'd probably look like me."&&&&"[What fantasy do I still have to fulfill?] Fucking God! Ha, ha!"&&&&-Keith Richards&&&&...

IP Logged

PartyDoll MEG
Rocks Off Regular

Just one drink from your
lovin' cup

Reply #5 - May 5th, 2008 at 1:09pm
Gazza wrote on May 5th, 2008 at 12:54pm:
Greetings wouldnt be close to my favourite Bruce album - although aside from Mary Queen of Arkansas and The Angel (both of which I've never liked) the rest of the album is really good.....the songs when played live, though, are another matter...and its still a better album than Born In The USA, Human Touch or Lucky Town.

My favourite is probably either The Wild, The Innocent & the E Street Shuffle or Born to Run.

Starbuck - you have blasphemed by referring to Bruce's meisterwork 3rd album as "Band on the run". Please edit your post immediately to avoid further distress and embarrassment.

Now Gazza.. I was gonna let that one slide...

I always assume that it is a "Buckyism" as is the title of this thread Grin

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #6 - May 5th, 2008 at 2:43pm
PartyDoll MEG wrote on May 5th, 2008 at 1:09pm:

Now Gazza.. I was gonna let that one slide...

I always assume that it is a "Buckyism" as is the title of this thread Grin

actually, just a freudian slip!

kinda funny though....

meg, i can't believe you didn't like kinks week. getting a bit jealous of the kinks girls encroaching on the ROCC's territory?!!

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #7 - May 5th, 2008 at 2:45pm

Sorry gazza!

post edited for clarity....

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #8 - May 5th, 2008 at 2:46pm
high post counts rule! Let's go get drunk

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #9 - May 5th, 2008 at 2:51pm
postie queen of arkansas Undecided

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #10 - May 5th, 2008 at 2:51pm
blinded by the post Grin

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #11 - May 5th, 2008 at 2:52pm
does this bus post at 82nd street? :charliesgoodtonite

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #12 - May 5th, 2008 at 2:53pm
post in the flood Undecided

Cool

Cheesy

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #13 - May 5th, 2008 at 2:55pm
this thread is going places! :exclamation

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #14 - May 5th, 2008 at 2:56pm
hopefully it won't break it's ankles and have to be euthanized when it crosses the finish line. War horses couldn't drag me away

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #15 - May 5th, 2008 at 2:57pm
come to think of it....i was probably conceived around about the time greetings from asbury park was made!

You rock!

IP Logged

PartyDoll MEG
Rocks Off Regular

Just one drink from your
lovin' cup

Reply #16 - May 5th, 2008 at 3:00pm
Ya want some help Buckmeister..

"For You""??????........

No problem.. War horses couldn't drag me away War horses couldn't drag me away Fuck you Gazza, Will ya?

Kink Week??  Me feel threatened???

Na the Kinks just kinda bore me..  I can only listen in small doses. Waterloo Sunset is the exception...

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #17 - May 5th, 2008 at 3:03pm
PartyDoll MEG wrote on May 5th, 2008 at 3:00pm:

"For You""??????........

No problem.. War horses couldn't drag me away War horses couldn't drag me away Fuck you Gazza, Will ya?

Na the Kinks just kinda bore me..  I can only listen in small doses. Waterloo Sunset is the exception...

meg...seriously...you need to get out more!

check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSTYLMMFEBw

IP Logged

PartyDoll MEG
Rocks Off Regular

Just one drink from your
lovin' cup

Reply #18 - May 5th, 2008 at 3:03pm
anyway..

The Angel finds it hard to be a Saint in the city...

IP Logged

PartyDoll MEG
Rocks Off Regular

Just one drink from your
lovin' cup

Reply #19 - May 5th, 2008 at 3:04pm
Starbuck wrote on May 5th, 2008 at 3:03pm:
PartyDoll MEG wrote on May 5th, 2008 at 3:00pm:

"For You""??????........

meg...seriously...you need to get out more!

check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSTYLMMFEBw

Damn , Bucket!!

You know I can't watch you tubes at work

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #20 - May 5th, 2008 at 3:05pm
meg....

we all know you could kick hollyh's ass any day of the week....

IP Logged

PartyDoll MEG
Rocks Off Regular

Just one drink from your
lovin' cup

Reply #21 - May 5th, 2008 at 3:10pm
Starbuck wrote on May 5th, 2008 at 3:05pm:
meg....

we all know you could kick hollyh's ass any day of the week....

gee, Starbucky!!!  You think???

Me is kinda like a spirit in the Night...

Or a bee lady.. Wink

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #22 - May 5th, 2008 at 3:13pm
meg?

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #23 - May 5th, 2008 at 3:14pm
meg?

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #24 - May 5th, 2008 at 3:16pm
pug?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)