Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
"The Collector's Series - Rolling Stones Hot Rocks 1962 - 1969" © Mojo with thanks to Irina and Rollover

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hail Hail Rock n Roll 4 disc DVD.... (Read 819 times)
Linda
Rocks Off Regular

One Love!

Luleå, Sweden
Hail Hail Rock n Roll 4 disc DVD....
May 4th, 2008 at 8:19am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Anybody seen the 4 Disc DVD of Hail Hail Rock n' Roll?? I've only seen the 2 Disc version since the one with 4 discs is only avalible in region 1..... Just wanted to know whats on the 2 extra DVD's??

By the way... Talking about Hail Hail.... Etta James singing Hochie Cochie Gal is Fu%/&ng AMAZING  Smiley

/Linda

You Got The Silver, You Got The Gold
Linda  
IP Logged

MRD8
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Melbourne, Florida
Re: Hail Hail Rock n Roll 4 disc DVD....
Reply #1 - May 4th, 2008 at 11:52am
Disc 3 has three parts; The interview with Chuck, Bo Diddley and Little Richard is very good. It opens one's eye's to the racism and discrimination these artists had to go through in the early days. Bo's story of the Georgia State Police is shocking! Little Richard's description of R&B as "Real Black" music has them all in stitches! We also see Chuck playing boogie woogie piano with Little Richard, another insight!

The other two parts deal with Robbie Robertson from the Band going through an old scrapbook, which had been in a fire, and bascially interviewing him. He touches gently on Berry's prison experience (which he had done 3 different stints)and the final section "Chuckisms" is, as previous reviews have said-very interesting and moving with Robertson's gentle guitar backround.

Disc 4 has three-and-a-half hours of historical interviews with the founders of Rock and Roll, modern pop music and the recording industry. All fascinating and compelling viewing. The sound on all these discs is superb, the editing great and the colour is magnificent.

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #2 - May 4th, 2008 at 3:04pm
Do Americans get the 4 disc version? I bought this DVD set but haven't watched it yet.

IP Logged

tookthatname
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #3 - May 5th, 2008 at 10:06pm
i had a very weird experience seeing this movie when it first came out.

I was in SF and sitting outside the theatre on a low wall looking down at the next block. There was the Fillmore West and behind it was Jim Jones's old church. I noticed after a bit that my arms started to have a little twitch in them, then my legs. after about 15-20 seconds I was shaking like a leaf.

I jumped off the wall and looked the other way down the sidewalk and there was Anton LaVey walking up the sidewalk from behind me. I didn't know he was coming up behind me till I jumped off the wall, but my body did!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)