Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
How much do you pay for............... (Read 15,905 times)
Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Re: How much do you pay for...............
Reply #25 - May 4th, 2008 at 12:26pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
" i think americans pay almost the same for stuff as we here in europe. (with the expention of gas & carprices )

of course when we go to the states now, everything is cheap for us, but that's only because the euro is so strong

but ANY european will tell you that 4 bucks for a gallon is dirt cheap.... "

Luckily Egon , your country is not bogged down in the Iraqi Quagmire .

" Hit Me Ronnie ! "

'kins , Est. 1999

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #26 - May 4th, 2008 at 12:56pm
why don't people grow their own weed. I grew a plant about 9 or 10 years ago. i used a pile of seeds a roomante had in a dish, dropped by the side of our rented house, and trimmed the plants once a week. 4 months later my roomate was blown away, and had enough free weed to last like 2 or 3 months. and i don't even smoke weed anymore!!!

IP Logged

Erik_Snow
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

norway
Reply #27 - May 4th, 2008 at 1:27pm
Quote:
i can't imaging the price for a pack of marlboro reds

Smoking.... 90 dollars a week - that's one pack a day. But paying a high price for gasoline, alcohol and tobacco is nothing to complain about - as medical care is very inexpensive.  And if you're unable to work because of damages, you'll get a good lump of money to make up for it. It would be silly to smoke cigarettes if it wasn't for this.
« Last Edit: May 4th, 2008 at 1:43pm by Erik_Snow »  

IP Logged

Ade
Rocks Off Regular

What's Occuring?

London, U.K
Reply #28 - May 4th, 2008 at 1:51pm
Food, clothing, and fuel have all rocketed in price,here.

The PM was given a strong message by the electorate, last thursday.
He'll be booted out in 2 years, if the situation doesn't, dramatically, improve.

...&&...&&&&...&&
IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #29 - May 4th, 2008 at 3:01pm
Erik_Snow wrote on May 4th, 2008 at 1:27pm:
Quote:
i can't imaging the price for a pack of marlboro reds

Smoking.... 90 dollars a week - that's one pack a day. But paying a high price for gasoline, alcohol and tobacco is nothing to complain about - as medical care is very inexpensive.  And if you're unable to work because of damages, you'll get a good lump of money to make up for it. It would be silly to smoke cigarettes if it wasn't for this.

Crazy, but very interesting perspective on smoking... Grin

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #30 - May 4th, 2008 at 3:03pm
I got free gas today! Well, after a visit to my local fast food Mexican casa...

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #31 - May 4th, 2008 at 3:08pm
Quote:
I got free gas today! Well, after a visit to my local fast food Mexican casa...

postin above the rim.

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #32 - May 4th, 2008 at 5:13pm
runnin on empty............

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #33 - May 4th, 2008 at 6:22pm
wish I'd never met jew...

IP Logged

fireontheplatter
Ex Member

Reply #34 - May 4th, 2008 at 6:27pm
here's another one for you all.

i went to the local soft ice cream stand this afternoon and ordered me a small vanilla dipped in chocolate and get this.....it cost me 2 dollars!!!!

what is this world coming to

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #35 - May 4th, 2008 at 6:55pm
"  i don't even smoke weed anymore "

This makes Joey very sad .

Why ?!

WHY ?!

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #36 - May 4th, 2008 at 7:11pm
cabledogg2 wrote on May 3rd, 2008 at 4:29pm:
With all the talk about the U.S. economy tanking and gas / food / electric / etc prices on the increase i was wondering? How much are ROers outside the states paying for Gas , Milk , Electricity.....etc. Are we americans just a bunch of whiners? I live outside of Wash D.C. and gas in my area for low grade is $3.71 a gallon , a gallon of milk is $3.69 , it costs me roughly $220.00 a month to power and heat/cool my home. Cable tv/ phone/  high speed internet run me about $120.00 a month...What say you? As Bill Oreilly would say................

Petrol in the UK has just topped £5 a gallon for the first time, I believe...so thats about $10.

I think our quarterly electric bill is about £120. Broadband internet is about £80 per quarter and the home phone bill is about £17 a month. Satellite TV can be anything up to about £45 a month, depending on whether you get the movie and sports channels. The TV licence, which is compulsory if you own a TV set, is about £140 a year. Then we have other household taxes like rates/council tax, depending on where you live, the amount of which depends on the size of your home. This is several hundred pounds a year at least

Wages are generally a bit behind what theyd be in the US so I reckon you guys arent doing too badly.
« Last Edit: May 4th, 2008 at 7:16pm by Gazza »  

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

fireontheplatter
Ex Member

Reply #37 - May 4th, 2008 at 7:20pm
Gazza wrote on May 4th, 2008 at 7:11pm:
With all the talk about the U.S. economy tanking and gas / food / electric / etc prices on the increase i was wondering? How much are ROers outside the states paying for Gas , Milk , Electricity.....etc. Are we americans just a bunch of whiners? I live outside of Wash D.C. and gas in my area for low grade is $3.71 a gallon , a gallon of milk is $3.69 , it costs me roughly $220.00 a month to power and heat/cool my home. Cable tv/ phone/  high speed internet run me about $120.00 a month...What say you? As Bill Oreilly would say................

Petrol in the UK has just topped £5 a gallon for the first time, I believe...so thats about $10.

I think our quarterly electric bill is about £120. Broadband internet is about £80 per quarter and the home phone bill is about £17 a month. Satellite TV can be anything up to about £45 a month, depending on whether you get the movie and sports channels. The TV licence, which is compulsory if you own a TV set, is about £140 a year. Then we have other household taxes like rates/council tax, depending on where you live, the amount of which depends on the size of your home. This is several hundred pounds a year at least

Wages are generally a bit behind what theyd be in the US so I reckon you guys arent doing too badly.

i take it you pay extra for the out of 'range' and long distance calls.
how much extra for the spice and playboy channels?

[laughs]

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #38 - May 4th, 2008 at 7:23pm
Well good Gazza,now I don't feel so bad about driving a gas guzzling SUV that get's about 3 miles to the gallon. Shocked
« Last Edit: May 4th, 2008 at 7:31pm by sweetcharmedlife »  

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

fireontheplatter
Ex Member

Reply #39 - May 4th, 2008 at 7:28pm
sweetcharmedlife wrote on May 4th, 2008 at 7:23pm:
Well good Gazza,now I don't feel so bad about driving a gas guzzlikng SUV that get's about 3 miles to the gallon. Shocked

i think your vehicle needs a tune up.

IP Logged

MrPleasant
Rocks Off Regular

Xalapa, Veracruz, México
Reply #40 - May 4th, 2008 at 7:35pm
Cheap hotel: 180 pesos per night.
Cheaper vodka: 57 pesos aprox.
Nachos and juice and water: 100 pesos aprox.
Toothpaste: 8 pesos aprox.

Multiply that for 30.

You can send me your contributions through my web site: tenthingsyoucandowithacarrot.com. No checks, please.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #41 - May 4th, 2008 at 7:35pm
what is one of these- £

IP Logged

stonedinaustralia
Rocks Off Regular

wake up crackers or we
all through!!

Reply #42 - May 4th, 2008 at 7:36pm
after only being subject to relatively mild inflation for decades the price of petrol here has increased over 50% in the 7 years since 9/11 and is now approx $5.50  a US gallon

presently an AUS$ is worth at least 95 cents US and i think they even hit parity a little while ago - by comparison in '98 when i went to NYC  i was only getting 55 to 60 cents US for the AU$1.00

a bottle  of Jack Daniels here will set you back about AU$40 - Johnny Walker Red about $30.00

apparently, due to a virtual duopoly in the  grocery chain store market here, australian beef is cheaper in california than it is here!!

an ounce of grass $200.00 - $250.00 (south australian prices)

20 cigarettes $10.00 - $12.00

"you can see it against the girl's crocheted dress"

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #43 - May 4th, 2008 at 7:46pm
Quote:

i take it you pay extra for the out of 'range' and long distance calls.
how much extra for the spice and playboy channels?

[laughs]

About ten quid a month...so I'm told.....

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

fireontheplatter
Ex Member

Reply #44 - May 4th, 2008 at 7:50pm

are you saying one must pay 2-3 hundred bucks a year just to have a tv?  thats insane.  why?

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #45 - May 4th, 2008 at 9:42pm
Well good Gazza,now I don't feel so bad about driving a gas guzzling SUV that get's about 3 miles to the gallon. Shocked

3 or 4 generations from now, will spit on our graves for this attitude!!!

IP Logged

corgi37
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Aussie land
Reply #46 - May 5th, 2008 at 5:38am
Bear in mind the Aussie dollar is more or less equal to the Yank, and he we go...

Top cable package is $110.00 a month. I just ditched some of it as i hardly watch it. Now i pay $65.00 a month

A "pot" (375ml) of beer is $3.00 at my club. Egon has been there!!!! It's usually $3.30 every where else.

A Big Mac meal deal is around $6.25 for the large.

I get illegal tobacco (IE: Tax free) but i think a packet of 25 ciggies is around$10-11.00.

I'm flying to Queensland next month and that cost me $206.00

My mobile phone is $40.00 a month with $300 worth of calls.

Gas/elec cost me about $400.00 a month combined. Cant recall how much water is.

My broadband is $55.00 a month, which is a fucking rip-off. I'm changining providers soon. Only a saving of $6.00, but the limit is more than double!

Petrol is currently $1.35 a litre

Daily paper is $1.10.

Milk is $3.50 for 3 litres.

Picture magazine, the worlds finest gentlemen's weekly, is $4.25. Thats a good price for tits and shaven pussies (or as Picture calls them "Smoo") and to see all the lovely Aussie housewives in the Home Girls section

I aint no peace freak

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #47 - May 5th, 2008 at 7:08am
Pdog wrote on May 4th, 2008 at 9:42pm:

3 or 4 generations from now, will spit on our graves for this attitude!!!

Really man! I don't think it's a partisan issue at this point to conserve gasoline. The safety is Israel depends on US!

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #48 - May 5th, 2008 at 7:51am
I went to my Local Kroger early Sunday morning to buy some groceries and I was was picking out my last item Lady Jane began to play over the loud speakers.

IP Logged

SweetVirginia
Rocks Off Regular

I know it's only rock
'n roll but I like it

NY
Reply #49 - May 5th, 2008 at 8:00am
The last time I was at my grocery store they were playing Jessica Simpson's version of Robbie Williams' "Angels".
It was so awful I can't begin to describe it.

Embarrassed

...&&&&&&

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)