Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
How much do you pay for............... (Read 15,928 times)
fireontheplatter
Ex Member

Re: How much do you pay for...............
Reply #100 - May 11th, 2008 at 2:37pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
the other day i went into burger king and to wash my meal down with i asked for a cup of water [no ice no lid no straw, just a cup of water] and the girl charged me 25 cents.  this was not a cup like the small/medium or large ones that come with the value meals, it was one that holds about 6-7 ounces of liquid.  i knew i was paying fur the cup, but i always thought water was free.
also in my town
burger king and mcdonalds are now charging for those little sauce packets that used to be free.  micky d ones are 15 cents and bk ones are 25 cents.  when i order a 4 piece nugget i get one for free, but i like to have 2 ranch sauces...1 for every 2 nuggets.  it doesn't seem right for a restaurant to charge for condiments.

mmmmmmmmmmmmm.......anyone hungry?

IP Logged

fireontheplatter
Ex Member

Reply #101 - May 11th, 2008 at 2:47pm
cabledogg2 wrote on May 10th, 2008 at 5:17pm:
Pdog wrote on May 10th, 2008 at 3:21pm:
Quote:
I pay about .5% of my salary for health insurance. The US has become a nation of whiners lately. Yes, I too get pissed about delays but there's no better system anywhere.

as long as your healthy, that is all you pay. BUT!!! if you take meds, you pay co-pays, and not all drugs are covered, and then there's all other ways you pay. It's not like insurance in the USA means full coverage.

About a year ago i had a cervical spinal fusion in my neck........the bill came to $26,000 after all was said and done. My cost $100.00 so i feel lucky that i have decent medical insurance as many people in the states don't.

wow!!!  that sounds pretty serious.  if you don't mind me asking....what happened?

IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #102 - May 11th, 2008 at 5:04pm
Hey cabledoggy, I'm ouside DC also.   I pay $3.70/up a gallon gas, and about $300/month to cool/heat my home (incl. HOA fee).   This situation bites the "BIG ONE".   

Sad...Sad...Sad...  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry War horses couldn't drag me away War horses couldn't drag me away War horses couldn't drag me away War horses couldn't drag me away War horses couldn't drag me away :youmademecrylikeababy

Think I'll go to Buenes Aires. So long sucker

... &&Government is an association of men who do violence to the rest of us. &&Leo Tolstoy &&

IP Logged

cabledogg2
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Maryland , USA
Reply #103 - May 11th, 2008 at 8:05pm
Quote:
Quote:
I pay about .5% of my salary for health insurance. The US has become a nation of whiners lately. Yes, I too get pissed about delays but there's no better system anywhere.

as long as your healthy, that is all you pay. BUT!!! if you take meds, you pay co-pays, and not all drugs are covered, and then there's all other ways you pay. It's not like insurance in the USA means full coverage.

About a year ago i had a cervical spinal fusion in my neck........the bill came to $26,000 after all was said and done. My cost $100.00 so i feel lucky that i have decent medical insurance as many people in the states don't.

wow!!!  that sounds pretty serious.  if you don't mind me asking....what happened?

I had a compressed/ herniated disc causing moderate pain in my neck and my arm to be numb all the time. The good news is the surgery was a success.........

IP Logged

fireontheplatter
Ex Member

Reply #104 - May 13th, 2008 at 5:39pm
cabledogg2 wrote on May 11th, 2008 at 8:05pm:
Quote:
Quote:

wow!!!  that sounds pretty serious.  if you don't mind me asking....what happened?

I had a compressed/ herniated disc causing moderate pain in my neck and my arm to be numb all the time. The good news is the surgery was a success.........

if you don't mind me asking

was this caused by and accident or did it just come about on its own?

IP Logged

cabledogg2
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Maryland , USA
Reply #105 - May 13th, 2008 at 7:37pm
Quote:
cabledogg2 wrote on May 11th, 2008 at 8:05pm:
Quote:
Quote:

if you don't mind me asking

was this caused by and accident or did it just come about on its own?

No accident or anything just bad luck i guess...........

IP Logged

fireontheplatter
Ex Member

Reply #106 - May 16th, 2008 at 10:51am
my town is known for good pizza.  a slice keeps going up in price tho,  it is now 2.25 a slice.

Let's go get drunk

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)