Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
"The Collector's Series - Rolling Stones Hot Rocks 1962 - 1969" © Mojo with thanks to Irina and Rollover

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Say it is not true (Read 2,963 times)
TomL
Rocks Off Regular

Change the Fucking sets

Sweet Virginia
Say it is not true
Apr 30th, 2008 at 7:37pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 

...Her love is ecstasy When her arms enfold me I hear her tender rhapsody But in reality, she doesn't Fucking know me...JMI once again..... running away with me...........

IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Re: Say it is not true
Reply #1 - Apr 30th, 2008 at 8:25pm
TomL wrote on Apr 30th, 2008 at 7:37pm:

"... and I'm going to get my old drummer Andy Newmark back together again."
Grin

Don't think a Ronnie solo jaunt would be more than a few weeks.
And if the Stones phone rings, he'll answer it.
« Last Edit: Apr 30th, 2008 at 8:32pm by left shoe shuffle »  

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #2 - Apr 30th, 2008 at 8:28pm
if the stones decide to record a disc before the next tour we probably wont see them until the summer of 09 plenty of time for woody to do a couple of dozen dates and possibly slap some tracks together.........

IP Logged

Kilroy
Rocks Off Regular

I love this place!

Mickville Virginny USA
Reply #3 - Apr 30th, 2008 at 9:19pm
Like Previous said One Call and he'll play.
It's the Stones, they call, you answer or you're mud, no one Quits the Stones.
« Last Edit: Apr 30th, 2008 at 9:21pm by Kilroy »  

The Core Of The Rolling Stones is Charlie Watts Hi-Hat/The Sunshine Bores The Daylights Out Of Me/And Then We Became Naked/After the Skeet Shoot & Sweet Dreams Mary & #9 11/22/1968 @#500 2/19/2010 @#800 4/09/2011 @#888 10/28/2011 @#1000 2/2/12

IP Logged

Riffhard
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #4 - Apr 30th, 2008 at 9:22pm
left shoe shuffle wrote on Apr 30th, 2008 at 8:25pm:

"... and I'm going to get my old drummer Andy Newmark back together again." Grin

True that, but we're still talking about the time that it will take him to get everything together in the studio recording, mixing, etc. Then he needs to put together the tour and whatnot. The fact that he is even planning a new record and a tour tells me that he has already been green lighted for some Stones' downtime.

Riffy

...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&"When all government...in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided...” Thomas Jefferson&&&&"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows us that as a government grows, liberty decreases." — Thomas Jefferson&&&&&&&&We're not old men.We don't bother about petty morals--Keef&&&&Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded. Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or fourteenth. &&-- George Burns&&&&&&I ain't no leftist!-Bob Dylan&&&&"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a brave and scarce

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #5 - Apr 30th, 2008 at 10:04pm
left shoe shuffle wrote on Apr 30th, 2008 at 8:25pm:

"... and I'm going to get my old drummer Andy Newmark back together again."
Grin

Yup!!!

IP Logged

ijwthstd
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #6 - Apr 30th, 2008 at 10:08pm
This is good news.

"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest.&&&&http://www.soundcloud.com/thesameoldsauce
TotallyRandomDan  
IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #7 - Apr 30th, 2008 at 11:05pm
Kilroy wrote on Apr 30th, 2008 at 9:19pm:

No one gets out alive........oh, wait....Bill Wyman did......right? He's still alive, right? Huh You wouldn't think so, as he gets about as much mention in Stones history as the elusive founder Brian Jones.. Roll Eyes Angry Angry

"When you change with every new day, still I'm going to miss you, Brian"

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #8 - May 1st, 2008 at 5:24am
Sioux wrote on Apr 30th, 2008 at 11:05pm:

No one gets out alive........oh, wait....Bill Wyman did......right? He's still alive, right? Huh You wouldn't think so, as he gets about as much mention in Stones history as the elusive founder Brian Jones.. Roll Eyes Angry Angry

Oh for God's sake.  Shut the fuck up now already with the "poor Brian is forgotten crap".   War horses couldn't drag me away
His contributions to this band will NEVER be forgotten (rightfully so) and he is constantly being discussed and written about.

The fact that he has been DEAD for nearly 40 years may have a little to do with him not being in the forefront of Band discussion, don't you think???

Some of the disturbing posts I read around here me beg to say "Let him Rest in Peace".

LJ.
« Last Edit: May 1st, 2008 at 6:09am by LadyJane »  

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #9 - May 1st, 2008 at 6:20am

What it will more likely 'mean' will be another 'project' that Ronnie talks about but which never bears fruition.

Eg - his claim during the BTB tour that the Stones would from now on record an album every 18 months or so, that on the theatre shows on the Licks tour they would probably play entire albums like 'Exile' from start to finish, that following his solo gig at Drury Lane in March 2005 that he planned to do the same thing on a monthly basis from now on (we're still waiting on the 2nd show some three years later), his record that hes been promising/threatening to make with Rod Stewart for at least a decade, his yearly intention to tour with the Faces etc etc.

None of this EVER happens. This project probably won't either. Even if it did, if and when Mick and Keith give him the call, he'll jump to attention. It's hardly important anyway. He was missing from most of the ABB sessions, and barely played on them for more than a week.

Mick and Keith have already stated in interviews some weeks ago that theyve no plans to do any Stones shows in the immediate future. Cant see why Ronnie talking about something like this would get anyone worked up.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

GotToRollMe
Rocks Off Regular

'soft and freaky'

Reply #10 - May 1st, 2008 at 9:33am
It is not true, Tom!  Wink
Stones in 2009!  Grin

"She delivers right on time,&&I can't resist a corny line, &&But take the shine right off your shoes"&&&&"When I die I want to be burned and blown up Gazza's ass. Is he up for that? Is he a true stones fan. I know Voodoo would do it." - TomL '07&&...        ...        ...          ...          ...&&..'til the wheels come off...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #11 - May 1st, 2008 at 9:43am
" Although work is yet to begin on the next Rolling Stones album, Wood revealed that singer Mick Jagger has been heavily involved with mixing sessions for a live album which is due to be released ahead of the documentary on 7 April. "

SAL friggin ROCKED !!!!!!!!!!

Truly we now have BEST STONES YET !!!!!!!

'kins !

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

homesickjameswilliamson
Rocks Off Regular

Alcoholic Cunts Like Knives

Reply #12 - May 1st, 2008 at 10:02am

Nah, we're still ok, the tour wouldnt be that long, and ronnie has nothing to do with stones records nowadays so while jagger, richards and charlie are doin that, he can tour this album a bit, then ttake a breather and get out on the road for some more stones!!!

u'no i read recently that keith doesnt like doin the big shows nemore cos its not intimate enuff and 'god gets introduced' or somthing, by which he means rain etc, so hopefully the next tour will be an intimate show event, if they come to ireland they better play the point, that would be amazing,i love that place

HJW

Plus isnt there supposed to be a FACES REUNION SOON!!!
« Last Edit: May 1st, 2008 at 8:01pm by homesickjameswilliamson »  

IP Logged

corgi37
Rocks Off Regular

Aussie land
Reply #13 - May 2nd, 2008 at 5:34am
I dont think they will ever tour again. :youmademecrylikeababy

I am kinda cool with that.

I aint no peace freak

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #14 - May 2nd, 2008 at 7:21pm
LadyJane wrote on May 1st, 2008 at 5:24am:
Sioux wrote on Apr 30th, 2008 at 11:05pm:

Oh for God's sake.  Shut the fuck up now already with the "poor Brian is forgotten crap".   War horses couldn't drag me away
His contributions to this band will NEVER be forgotten (rightfully so) and he is constantly being discussed and written about.

The fact that he has been DEAD for nearly 40 years may have a little to do with him not being in the forefront of Band discussion, don't you think???

Some of the disturbing posts I read around here me beg to say "Let him Rest in Peace".

LJ.

Well, dear Lady Jane, I'm glad that Stones fans haven't forgotten Brian or Bill. But I fear it's not the same with Mick and Keith. I'm refering to recent references to statements that include Brian not playing on any tracks {it was all studio musicians} and things such as that. And hardly any footage of Brian and none of Bill or maybe Mick Taylor {is that right?} in the archival film of SAL. I mean, I know what you are saying about ancient history and all that. But I do wish the current Stones had a bit more respect for the Stones of days gone by {with the exception of Stu, whom they all seem to still hold dear---and that is good!!} That's all I'm sayin'..... Wink

"When you change with every new day, still I'm going to miss you, Brian"

IP Logged

corgi37
Rocks Off Regular

Aussie land
Reply #15 - May 5th, 2008 at 5:23am
And dont forget Bill being "wiped" from clips played during the ABB tour. During IORR i think it was.

I aint no peace freak

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)