Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
In memory of Tom Layhue (TomL, Sai Wong, Willie Dixon)
With Sir Moonie, Fleabit Peanut Monkey, and Nanky © NFI but thanks!r!

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
oil prices  nsc (Read 13,108 times)
LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Re: oil prices  nsc
Reply #25 - Apr 28th, 2008 at 12:40pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Pdog wrote on Apr 28th, 2008 at 12:31pm:
good news America... Rich and wealthy doing just fine... 2nd, 3rd and 4th home buyers are doing great, actually making more money. so don't worry, it will all trickle down soon, that is to say, you will soon feel the warm wet moisture of being pissed on, soon enough!!!!

You are ON FIRE my friend.
ON FIRE and 110% correct!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LJ.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #26 - Apr 28th, 2008 at 4:34pm
" When you invade a country sitting on the 2nd largest oil reserve, you come from a family that got "wealthy" from oil and you never had to earn a thing in your life, your friends who got you elected into office then manipulate the market and the prices quadruple during your 7 years as president. Meanwhile you bankrupt the country by using 40% of the cost of the war, to fill the coffers of contractors, who do things like run empty trucks down dangerous roads in Iraq or open a Starbucks in the green zone. and they don't pay taxes either, b/c they create dozens of subsiiaries, located in places that no one really works at... And people will actually tell you, that your UnPatriotic, if you think the war was a false and bullshit scam... Remember, We were in danger of being attacked by Saddam, I can throw dud scud missiles toward Israel. He was really going to fuck us up!!! The destabilized region has given birth to the threat from Iran and Syria, making them 100 times more dangerous than before March 2003. There's where you should be afraid.Very afraid, because most Iranians, are really just like you and me. so are the Iraqi people, and on and on. Yet it's much easier to live in fear, and let people like Cheney, take care of you. Ask yourself, if all the women and kids, killed by our invasio, are more than the evil people we claimed to be saving them from... No, it's not!!! And do you think Cheney gave a shit about those people? Hell no... He doesn't even care if our returning, missing limbs and shattered minds, soldiers get treatment.
Enjoy today, because soon, Blackwater will be patroling the streets, and food riots will be used as an excuse to arrest more dissenters. If we're the good guys, why are we torturing people, and imprisoning them illegally? Because Condellezza Rice and George Bush thought Osama wasn't really determined to attack??? Haha!
It's really very simple !!! "

Poi Diddy Doggy dog ...........................

You are on FIRE !!!!!!

I would like to nibble your elbows .

" Hit Me Ronnie ! "

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJACKY CAKES !!!!™

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #27 - Apr 28th, 2008 at 4:36pm
Pdog brings his A game!

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #28 - Apr 28th, 2008 at 4:46pm
" Pdog brings his A game ! "

concur .

BEST Poi Diddy dog YET !!!!!

Some Guy ...... I feel another ' Tet ' coming on .....................

.....and you ?!

Developing .............................

Shiver .................

J'Cong ! ™

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #29 - Apr 28th, 2008 at 5:02pm
Joey wrote on Apr 28th, 2008 at 4:46pm:
Developing .............................

Shiver .................

J'Cong ! ™

"Why would any sane person want to leave Rocks Off? If you have an issue outside of Rocks Off, handle it. When you return it will be as if you never have left. Once you are here-it's expected you stay. Why waste long cultivated posting skills somewhere else? The outside world will not understand." -Nellie

“You assclowns are destroying this nation.” –Riffy

"You can lead a horse to the facts, but you can't make the horse understand the facts if he's a dumbfuck horse stuck on stupid." - Riffy

IP Logged

fireontheplatter
Ex Member

Reply #30 - Apr 28th, 2008 at 5:04pm
3.71...for the cheap stuff
3.91 for the best stuff
in new paltz, ny

i have seen it a few cents more in neighbouring towns.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #31 - Apr 28th, 2008 at 5:32pm
my kroger plus card saves me ten cents a gallon.

IP Logged

Riffhard
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #32 - Apr 28th, 2008 at 6:49pm
Which party is it that is so under the boot heel of groups like The Sierra Club, and their ilk, that they absolutly refuse to allow the drilling of the billions upon billions of barrels of oil that we have right here in the good old US of A? Which party is it that won't let Americans tap their own oil deposits? I'm trying to figure it out, because a couple of weeks ago it was discovered that we are sitting on enough oil to make this whole shortage talk dissapear overnight. If only we could drill for the oil that is ours!!! So what party is it again that won't let us?

http://www.nextenergynews.com/news1/next-energy-news2.13s.html

I do know that it was the same political party that threatened banks with massive litigation and fines if they didn't start giving home loans to people that would otherwise would not qualify for them. That plan worked out great, huh? So what party is that again?

You want oil prices to drop? Then call your senator and demand that they allow us to drill for the billions of gallons of oil that we already have!!!!! That would be a start. Or you can just sit back and be ignorant and blame Bush. That just proves that you don't shit about the cause of the price of oil worldwide.

Riffy

...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&"When all government...in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided...” Thomas Jefferson&&&&"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows us that as a government grows, liberty decreases." — Thomas Jefferson&&&&&&&&We're not old men.We don't bother about petty morals--Keef&&&&Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded. Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or fourteenth. &&-- George Burns&&&&&&I ain't no leftist!-Bob Dylan&&&&"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a brave and scarce

IP Logged

ijwthstd
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #33 - Apr 28th, 2008 at 6:57pm
Last summer MTA raised the price of a day pass from $3 to 5 and no more discounts from 9pm to 4am.

I am doing just fine without a car most of the time but starting to have nightmares about $5 rides and $20 day passes.

Not only should we drill all the oil we can here but also invade Saudi Arabia and take theirs which would be even more justified than Iraq.

"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest.&&&&http://www.soundcloud.com/thesameoldsauce
TotallyRandomDan  
IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #34 - Apr 28th, 2008 at 7:05pm
ijwthstd wrote on Apr 28th, 2008 at 6:57pm:
Not only should we drill all the oil we can here but also invade Saudi Arabia and take theirs which would be even more justified than Iraq.

Too bad we can't invade them. We couldn't even go back into Grenada with the current state of our military.

IP Logged

Riffhard
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #35 - Apr 28th, 2008 at 7:15pm
Pdog wrote on Apr 28th, 2008 at 7:05pm:

Too bad we can't invade them. We couldn't even go back into Grenada with the current state of our military.

So again I am forced to ask. What party will not allow us to drill for our own oil? Which party is it that insisted on government subsidies for bio fuels which are now causing food shortages worldwide? So now oil and food prices are skyrocketing! Who is to blame for this mess?! I'll give you a clue. It ain't fucking Bush!!! However if it makes you feel better you can continue to slam Bush for something that he has very little to do with.

Riffy

...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&"When all government...in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided...” Thomas Jefferson&&&&"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows us that as a government grows, liberty decreases." — Thomas Jefferson&&&&&&&&We're not old men.We don't bother about petty morals--Keef&&&&Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded. Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or fourteenth. &&-- George Burns&&&&&&I ain't no leftist!-Bob Dylan&&&&"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a brave and scarce

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #36 - Apr 28th, 2008 at 7:18pm
Riffhard wrote on Apr 28th, 2008 at 7:15pm:

So again I am forced to ask. What party will not allow us to drill for our own oil? Which party is it that insisted on government subsidies for bio fuels which are now causing food shortages worldwide? So now oil and food prices are skyrocketing! Who is to blame for this mess?! I'll give you a clue. It ain't fucking Bush!!! However if it makes you feel better you can continue to slam Bush for something that he has very little to do with.

Riffy

Why you asking me, a question, that is bullshit, and you already made your mind up, based on more bullshit!
Dude... Bush pushed the ethanol thing, like a moron. Bio fuels are excelent, if you use ones that don't pollute as much or aren't cost effective. Ethanol, like corn syrup, has its subsidized history, and it ain't a dem or rep. issue, it's a retarded policy issue!!! You gonna blame the Democrats for that? Whatever homey!!! You hate democrats, I hate retards, no matter what party.
« Last Edit: Apr 28th, 2008 at 7:21pm by Pdog »  

IP Logged

robpop
Rocks Off Regular

My name is called disturbance!

City of Champions
Reply #37 - Apr 28th, 2008 at 7:31pm
Hey..I remember a few years ago when the GOP controlled Congress, and the White House.  Still nothing was drilled for in our 49th state.  They blamed the the "tree huggers" while they had the power.  It is all bullshit.  Our elected politicians work for the oil lobby.  They be the Saudis.  The Saudis are the ones who do not want us drilling for domestic oil. 

Get a clue, America.  Wake up.  Its not about party pride anymore.  Its ok to admit that you were wrong.  Hell, it makes you a better person.

...&&&&...

IP Logged

Riffhard
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #38 - Apr 28th, 2008 at 7:33pm
Pdog wrote on Apr 28th, 2008 at 7:18pm:

Riffy

Dude... Bush pushed the ethanol thing, like a moron. Bio fuels are excelent, if you use ones that don't pollute or aren't cost effective.  You gonna blame the Democrats for that? Whatever homey!!! you hate democrats, I hae retards, no matter what party.

Why did Bush sign up for the bio fuels pdog?! Why? Because he was forced into it by idiots like Nancy Peolsi, and Tom Daschale. Pelosi's a far left hack that would just as soon we all ride in horse and buggies. Daschale was just trying to buy votes from the farmers of North Dakota. Thankfully he didn't get enough of them! And whether you like it or not Bush is supported by the vast majority of the military and their families, and even his critics say that he is an honrable man. His support for bullshit like the new mercury lightbulb, and his new insistance on auto makers get an insanely high mpg are just two of his big mistakes, but he would support the drilling of our own oil. Yet idiot Dems say no. I can't believe that anyone even votes for those morons myself.

Riffy

IP Logged

Riffhard
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #39 - Apr 28th, 2008 at 7:37pm
robpop wrote on Apr 28th, 2008 at 7:31pm:
Hey..I remember a few years ago when the GOP controlled Congress, and the White House.  Still nothing was drilled for in our 49th state.  They blamed the the "tree huggers" while they had the power.  It is all bullshit.  Our elected politicians work for the oil lobby.  They be the Saudis.  The Saudis are the ones who do not want us drilling for domestic oil.  

Get a clue, America.  Wake up.  Its not about party pride anymore.  Its ok to admit that you were wrong.  Hell, it makes you a better person.

Thus proving that you know very little about the lobby inside DC that is The Sierra Club. Research this subject a little more and then weigh in. The Saudis ain't got shit to do with it. Are you completely forgetting about the fight over the oil reserves inside ANWAR? WHo shot that down? It wasn't the Saudis!

Riffy

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #40 - Apr 28th, 2008 at 7:42pm
Riffhard wrote on Apr 28th, 2008 at 7:33pm:
Pdog wrote on Apr 28th, 2008 at 7:18pm:

Riffy

Dude... Bush pushed the ethanol thing, like a moron. Bio fuels are excelent, if you use ones that don't pollute or aren't cost effective.  You gonna blame the Democrats for that? Whatever homey!!! you hate democrats, I hae retards, no matter what party.

Why did Bush sign up for the bio fuels pdog?! Why? Because he was forced into it by idiots like Nancy Peolsi, and Tom Daschale. Pelosi's a far left hack that would just as soon we all ride in horse and buggies. Daschale was just trying to buy votes from the farmers of North Dakota. Thankfully he didn't get enough of them! And whether you like it or not Bush is supported by the vast majority of the military and their families, and even his critics say that he is an honrable man. His support for bullshit like the new mercury lightbulb, and his new insistance on auto makers get an insanely high mpg are just two of his big mistakes, but he would support the drilling of our own oil. Yet idiot Dems say no. I can't believe that anyone even votes for those morons myself.

Riffy

So you're saying Bush is such a pussy and a moron that Pelosi and Daschale forced him to go for ethanol. And the miltary supports Bush... That's odd, b/c I saw numbers that showed miltary families are donating money to Dem campaigns. Then again, i don't trust the numbers, and I'm not sure of your facts either. You gave me science by a guy on Oil company payrolls. Just saying something doesn't make it fact. Invading Iraq destabilized the mid-east, and oil prices rose. That's a fact. Another fact, is Cheney and The Bush family have long standing business ties with the oil industry. That too is a fact. It is also  a fact that many companies, providing contracted services in Iraq, avoid paying taxes, but hosting shell companies in places like the Caymans. That is a fact.
Now, we don't drill because a bunch of tree hugging hippies and the like, directly oppose the oil companies. I understand the POV, but they are fucking things up, and Dems who are spineless, cater to these causes. So, basically, you're telling me the same dems, getting pushed around by tree hugging hippes, have now bullied Bush into the ethanol thing. I thought Bush was retarded, I guess he's a retarded pussy... Is this now a fact?

IP Logged

robpop
Rocks Off Regular

My name is called disturbance!

City of Champions
Reply #41 - Apr 28th, 2008 at 7:43pm
Riffhard wrote on Apr 28th, 2008 at 7:37pm:
Hey..I remember a few years ago when the GOP controlled Congress, and the White House.  Still nothing was drilled for in our 49th state.  They blamed the the "tree huggers" while they had the power.  It is all bullshit.  Our elected politicians work for the oil lobby.  They be the Saudis.  The Saudis are the ones who do not want us drilling for domestic oil.  

Get a clue, America.  Wake up.  Its not about party pride anymore.  Its ok to admit that you were wrong.  Hell, it makes you a better person.

Thus proving that you know very little about the lobby inside DC that is The Sierra Club. Research this subject a little more and then weigh in. The Saudis ain't got shit to do with it. Are you completely forgetting about the fight over the oil reserves inside ANWAR? WHo shot that down? It wasn't the Saudis!

Riffy

I never been to the Sierra Club.  Hey, I will check into it though.  Hey, I may be a prick, but I'm a prick with an open mind.  Trust me, I worked in politics.  Both parties are feeding you bullshit.  It up to you to sort it out.  That is what makes our country great.

...&&&&...

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #42 - Apr 28th, 2008 at 7:47pm
Riffhard wrote on Apr 28th, 2008 at 7:37pm:

Riffy

The Sierra club was started by conservatives!!!

IP Logged

Riffhard
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #43 - Apr 28th, 2008 at 7:51pm
Invading Iraq has had almost zero effect on the price of oil!! That is a fact. The main reason that oil prices are going up so much is because of supply and demand. China and India are using more oil now than they ever have in their histories. The old supply and demand is one of the main reasons, and also we can blame the speculators on the world's stock markets. Speculators are jacking up the price big time! It has very little to do with Iraq. We have so much oil here that we could tell them all to take a flying leap, but we'd rather just let that oil sit in the ground, or on the ocean floor. It's stupid. I'm pissed at both parties about the issue, but I see that the Dems have a political agenda at play with the HUGE Enviro lobbiests inside the beltway.  They will never budge on it. Teddy Kennedy is one of the worst, but so to is Pelosi, and Reid.

Riffy

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #44 - Apr 28th, 2008 at 8:44pm
Riffhard wrote on Apr 28th, 2008 at 7:51pm:
Invading Iraq has had almost zero effect on the price of oil!! That is a fact. The main reason that oil prices are going up so much is because of supply and demand. China and India are using more oil now than they ever have in their histories. The old supply and demand is one of the main reasons, and also we can blame the speculators on the world's stock markets. Speculators are jacking up the price big time! It has very little to do with Iraq. We have so much oil here that we could tell them all to take a flying leap, but we'd rather just let that oil sit in the ground, or on the ocean floor. It's stupid. I'm pissed at both parties about the issue, but I see that the Dems have a political agenda at play with the HUGE Enviro lobbiests inside the beltway.  They will never budge on it. Teddy Kennedy is one of the worst, but so to is Pelosi, and Reid.

Riffy

The Dems have enviro lobbyists or are the lobbyists going after the dems? And do you give this same treatment to the guys you like? Seriously, do you?
I agree with you about China. I breathed in some of their smog today, he in SF. I also know that in ten years we will be at war with them.

IP Logged

Riffhard
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #45 - Apr 28th, 2008 at 9:11pm
Pdog wrote on Apr 28th, 2008 at 8:44pm:
Riffhard wrote on Apr 28th, 2008 at 7:51pm:
Invading Iraq has had almost zero effect on the price of oil!! That is a fact. The main reason that oil prices are going up so much is because of supply and demand. China and India are using more oil now than they ever have in their histories. The old supply and demand is one of the main reasons, and also we can blame the speculators on the world's stock markets. Speculators are jacking up the price big time! It has very little to do with Iraq. We have so much oil here that we could tell them all to take a flying leap, but we'd rather just let that oil sit in the ground, or on the ocean floor. It's stupid. I'm pissed at both parties about the issue, but I see that the Dems have a political agenda at play with the HUGE Enviro lobbiests inside the beltway.  They will never budge on it. Teddy Kennedy is one of the worst, but so to is Pelosi, and Reid.

Riffy

The Dems have enviro lobbyists or are the lobbyists going after the dems? And do you give this same treatment to the guys you like? Seriously, do you?
I agree with you about China. I breathed in some of their smog today, he in SF. I also know that in ten years we will be at war with them.

The Dems are beholden to the enviro wackos. I must say that I get more than a little offended when some people try and say that Republicans don't care about the enviorment. That is pure bullshit. However, we have been shackled by a group of lobbiests that are pushing a very strong left agenda with regrds to oil drilling, and refining. Their attitude is consequences be damned. And btw, it was good ol' Al Gore who cast the deciding vote on the eco fuel bill aka bio fuels. Admittedly Bush has gone along with that idiocy since day one, but now those chickens are coming home to roost(to paraphrase Rev Wright!) We should be getting our own oil, but we can't because these groups have the Dem party by the balls. So we get stupid shit like bio fuels that have now raised the price of corn which in turn raise the cost of every animal that eats corn. So now beef, chicken, and pork prices go up. It has also affected every other food item because the cost of gas is insane. So we pay more just for the transport of food stuffs. When gas goes to ten bucks a barrel then Americans will demand that we start drilling. The oil companies have been begging to drill for years now!

Riffy

IP Logged

parmeda
Rocks Off Regular

Chicago
Reply #46 - Apr 28th, 2008 at 9:23pm

Soon, I'm going to start marking all of my 5 dollar bills like this...

I am fluent in three languages... English, Sarcasm, and Profanity

IP Logged

Holden
Rocks Off Regular

Tampa Bay
Reply #47 - Apr 28th, 2008 at 9:33pm
The industrial revolution fucked us over, eh?

mrhipfl  
IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #48 - Apr 28th, 2008 at 10:15pm

Christ  , that is postin' on loan from GOD right THERE !!!!!!!

There is some UNBELIEVABLE postin' going on around here   --- I am in awe !

'kins , Est. 1999

IP Logged

Riffhard
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #49 - Apr 28th, 2008 at 11:10pm
Holden wrote on Apr 28th, 2008 at 9:33pm:
The industrial revolution fucked us over, eh?

Oh no. Quite the contrary. I'd say the industrial revolution has given us some great advancements in many fields over the years. It's the ass hats that want to put that particular genie back in the bottle that are fucking us up these days.

Riffy

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)