Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
"The Collector's Series - Rolling Stones Hot Rocks 1962 - 1969" © Mojo with thanks to Irina and Rollover

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Newest Amy Winehouse pix (Read 10,228 times)
Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Newest Amy Winehouse pix
Apr 24th, 2008 at 12:36pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
I just saw some new pix of the troubled songstress today. Oh my, she looks terrible. Sad VERY very thin and just unhealthy. Her head looks big {and her arms are like sticks} and she's all TEETH. Very sad...she needs to get healthy.

"When you change with every new day, still I'm going to miss you, Brian"

IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Re: Newest Amy Winehouse pix
Reply #1 - Apr 24th, 2008 at 12:43pm
Amy needs to put the pipe down.  Is her hanger-on Blaine still in jail?   Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint

... &&Government is an association of men who do violence to the rest of us. &&Leo Tolstoy &&

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #2 - Apr 24th, 2008 at 12:49pm
I haven't heard...have no idea. But, I mean, she really looks bad. I mean, seriously bad. Like she's at death's door or something. AOL news had the pix---don't know how to put them here.

IP Logged

FotiniD
Rocks Off Regular

ROCC & RO..ll...

Athens, Greece
Reply #3 - Apr 24th, 2008 at 12:51pm
Factory Girl wrote on Apr 24th, 2008 at 12:43pm:
Amy needs to put the pipe down.  Is her hanger-on Blaine still in jail?   Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint

You mean Blaaaaaaaake! (Sorry, too much of gossip web page reading)  Grin Yeah, I think he's still in.
I really hope she pulls herself together. She's young and talented, it's a ridiculous waste of time.

FotiniD  
IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #4 - Apr 24th, 2008 at 1:27pm
Hi FotiniD,

She is talented, but her music doesn't move me.

... &&Government is an association of men who do violence to the rest of us. &&Leo Tolstoy &&

IP Logged

Ade
Rocks Off Regular

What's Occuring?

London, U.K
Reply #5 - Apr 24th, 2008 at 2:49pm

...&&...&&&&...&&
IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Apr 24th, 2008 at 2:52pm
sickening!

IP Logged

Ade
Rocks Off Regular

What's Occuring?

London, U.K
Reply #7 - Apr 24th, 2008 at 3:04pm
she's recording the theme tune, for the new bond movie,
lets hope she's around still, for the premiere, in Oct/Nov.

...&&...&&&&...&&
IP Logged

Honky Tonk Man
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Blackwater, Hampshire
Reply #8 - Apr 25th, 2008 at 12:50pm
I must admit that I was actually begining to warm to Amy Winehouse a little. Back To Black had grown on me, yet, shes starting to get on my wick again. She's sucxh a waster. She needs a jail term - just like Doherty.

IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #9 - Apr 25th, 2008 at 1:09pm
If jail was an effective deterrent, we'd have a crime-free world, wouldn't we?   As it is,  no one is going to "clean up" until they're ready emotionally and physically. 

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #10 - Apr 25th, 2008 at 1:29pm
HOT OFF THE PRESSES:

Report: Amy Winehouse arrested on suspicion of assault By RAPHAEL SATTER, Associated Press Writer
24 minutes ago

LONDON - Amy Winehouse was arrested on suspicion of assault Friday following reports that she scuffled with two men during a wild night out, Sky News television reported.

The 24-year-old soul diva, who recently entered rehab after years of erratic behavior and canceled concerts, arrived at a central London police station to answer questions relating to the alleged incident, her representatives said.

Police didn't directly confirm that Winehouse was in custody, saying only that a 24-year-old woman was being held on suspicion of assault. British authorities don't usually name suspects until they have been charged.

Winehouse didn't say anything to assembled photographers and cameramen as she walked into the station late Friday afternoon.

A man was quoted in tabloid newspapers as saying he was hit by Winehouse when he got in her way while she was playing pool at a bar in the Camden neighborhood and then head-butted another who was trying to hail her a cab in the early hours of Wednesday morning.

Winehouse and her husband, Blake Fielder-Civil, were arrested in the Norwegian city of Bergen in October and held overnight on charges of drug possession. A video of her allegedly smoking crack hit the Internet shortly before she won five Grammys this year for her critically acclaimed album "Back to Black."

She was arrested in London in December on suspicion of attempting to interfere with a court case involving Fielder-Civil, but earlier this year police said prosecutors were no longer pursuing the affair.

Fielder-Civil faces charges of perverting the course of justice stemming from a case in which he is accused of assaulting a barman.

IP Logged

lotsajizz
Rocks Off Regular

Rhode Island
Reply #11 - Apr 25th, 2008 at 2:36pm
She was always a hideously disgusting looking dog.  The drugs seem to make little difference.

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."  Dr. Johnson.

IP Logged

Honky Tonk Man
Rocks Off Regular

Blackwater, Hampshire
Reply #12 - Apr 25th, 2008 at 3:45pm
Factory Girl wrote on Apr 25th, 2008 at 1:09pm:
If jail was an effective deterrent, we'd have a crime-free world, wouldn't we?   As it is,  no one is going to "clean up" until they're ready emotionally and physically.  

Hi FG!

Nope, jail isn't an effective deterrent when it comes to drug addiction, though it SHOULD be an effective punishment.

IP Logged

Slavegirl
Rocks Off Regular

Long Beach, CA
Reply #13 - Apr 25th, 2008 at 4:24pm
She is definitely what my friends would call "a fucked up OD-in' bitch" haha. I lost all respect for her after I heard that she flaked out on opening for the Stones. Part of being a great musician is the ability to perform, which she obviously lacks on account of her fucked up OD-in' nature. Oh well.

don't make me do it...

IP Logged

Riffhard
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #14 - Apr 25th, 2008 at 4:45pm
The chick is a complete flake. It's as if she suffers battered-wife syndrome. Her husband is a total looser, and she is equally screwed up. I think they deserve each other. She had the world by the balls and she went and fucked it all up. Her relationship with this asshole husband is very much like that of Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown. Whitney managed to shake her fucked up husband and things are starting to turn around fer her. Hopefully Amy will see the light before this guy leeches her into the grave. Until she wisens up I have zero sympathy for her.

Riffy

...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&"When all government...in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided...” Thomas Jefferson&&&&"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows us that as a government grows, liberty decreases." — Thomas Jefferson&&&&&&&&We're not old men.We don't bother about petty morals--Keef&&&&Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded. Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or fourteenth. &&-- George Burns&&&&&&I ain't no leftist!-Bob Dylan&&&&"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a brave and scarce

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #15 - Apr 25th, 2008 at 5:23pm
What a stupid psycho bitch. Embarrassed
« Last Edit: Apr 25th, 2008 at 5:25pm by sweetcharmedlife »  

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

fireontheplatter
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Apr 25th, 2008 at 6:31pm
i watcher duet with mick at the isle of wight festival....
give her a break.  i think if you put anyone beside mick they're going to feel 2 feet tall.  it was a tad on the weak side i thought.  with her tiny frame she has a weak voice.

in the picture above i was trying to make out the cig prices.  no can do.

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #17 - Apr 25th, 2008 at 6:35pm
She is young---we forget how young she is. And yes, she is major messed up. I do feel sorry for her. I wish her family had some influence on her. Yeah, she needs to lose the husband, and any friends who allow her to keep up her bad habits.

I really don't know that much about her. But she looks so pathetic. She needs help. Sad

IP Logged

open-g
Rocks Off Regular

Silence is golden, Duct
tape is silver

Berlin
Reply #18 - Apr 25th, 2008 at 6:57pm
Media circus dogs Amy's footsteps

By David Sillito
BBC News arts correspondent

When she arrived at Holborn police station in London, Amy Winehouse looked teary and distressed. She appeared tiny, as she was surrounded by minders, onlookers and the media.

Indeed, hundreds of people had been waiting through the afternoon to catch a glimpse of her. She is one of Britain's biggest pop stars.

But her life continues to ricochet between musical success and personal disaster.

This was just one part of a day of events that has continued to feed the media circus that now follows her life.

A day that had begun at Snaresbrook Crown Court when the words 'I love you, I love you' were whispered in my ear.

We were there because Amy's husband, Blake Fielder-Civil, was in court for a hearing on his upcoming case in which he is accused of causing grievous bodily harm and attempting to pervert the course of justice.

There was no sign of Amy. But there was - sitting next to me - a blonde 21-year old friend of Mr Fielder-Civil. At one point a court official had to intervene as she gestured and whispered endearments.

A good friend

I quickly realised it wasn't me she was besotted with when I saw Mr Fielder-Civil respond with his own "I love you."

Amy Winehouse in the media spotlight

Outside court, the young lady said she was Sophie Schandorff, a long time friend of Mr Fielder Civil. All she would say was that she was a good friend. So where was Amy?

Twenty minutes later we were rushing to Kentish Town Police Station. It was being reported that Amy Winehouse was answering questions about an alleged incident on Wednesday morning.

It was claimed she had headbutted and punched two men during a night out on the town. The police were keen to put a few questions to her.

But half an hour later we were off to Holborn police station in central London, after being told that that was where she was in fact due to be questioned.

Royal visit

As we arrived there were around 300 people waiting behind barriers. It felt more like a royal visit than watching a troubled pop star face the police.

Sensing a good marketing opportunity, a lollipop company popped by and handed out free sweets. That explains why everyone was eating a lollipop in the live TV coverage.

Finally, Amy's appearance at just after five o'clock was brief. She looked troubled as she was hurried into the police station.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/entertainment/7367967.stm

Published: 2008/04/25 19:47:29 GMT

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."

IP Logged

open-g
Rocks Off Regular

Silence is golden, Duct
tape is silver

Berlin
Reply #19 - Apr 25th, 2008 at 7:01pm
Sioux wrote on Apr 25th, 2008 at 6:35pm:
She is young---we forget how young she is. And yes, she is major messed up. I do feel sorry for her. I wish her family had some influence on her. Yeah, she needs to lose the husband, and any friends who allow her to keep up her bad habits.

Agree to that  Smiley

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."

IP Logged

SweetVirginia
Rocks Off Regular

I know it's only rock
'n roll but I like it

NY
Reply #20 - Apr 25th, 2008 at 8:08pm
She's a great songwriter and has such a distinctive voice.
Unfortunately, I feel like we are on a death watch with her.

I would like to see her clean up and put out another stellar album.

...&&&&&&

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #21 - Apr 25th, 2008 at 9:32pm
SweetVirginia wrote on Apr 25th, 2008 at 8:08pm:
She's a great songwriter and has such a distinctive voice.

I would like to see her clean up and put out another stellar album.

AGREED, my friend.
Girl needs help.

ROCC intervention.

LJ.

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #22 - Apr 25th, 2008 at 9:38pm
Well, at least Britney is doing better!!!

IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #23 - Apr 25th, 2008 at 9:54pm
SweetVirginia wrote on Apr 25th, 2008 at 8:08pm:

Yeah, sadly that obit's at the ready.

They're just waiting to hit
send...

« Last Edit: Apr 25th, 2008 at 9:55pm by left shoe shuffle »  

IP Logged

open-g
Rocks Off Regular

Silence is golden, Duct
tape is silver

Berlin
Reply #24 - Apr 26th, 2008 at 8:42am
Well it never gets boring with Amy....
allthough it reads like a soap-opera, I'd rather like to hear about her musically plans & studio work.

"Winehouse has been growing close to her manager Raye Cosbert's assistant Haynes over the last month, much to the delight of the singer's friends and family, who have made no secret of their dislike for Fielder-Civil."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_artic...

seems like a good decision, if true.
clear & cheer up, Amy
Tears dry on their own
« Last Edit: Apr 26th, 2008 at 9:54am by open-g »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)