Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My violent father beat us so viciously (Jerry Hall (Read 1,799 times)
moy
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Mars
My violent father beat us so viciously (Jerry Hall
Apr 21st, 2008 at 10:26pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
'My violent father beat us so viciously it broke bones,' reveals Jerry Hall
By SIMON CABLE - More by this author »

Last updated at 01:00am on 22nd April 2008

Jerry Hall has talked of her violent childhood in which her alcoholic, drug-addicted father beat her and her four sisters so viciously that it "broke bones".

The 51-year-old ex-supermodel said former U.S. Army sergeant John Hall would "burst into rages" when he returned to their modest home.

"He would talk to us like soldiers. He was very imaginative in his insults and that is hard to get over."

Miss Hall, former wife of Mick Jagger, was brought up in the industrial town of Mesquite, Texas. Her father was a truck driver who longed for a son, which is why he gave his daughters boys' names.

The youngest were Jerry Faye and her twin sister Terry Jaye.

"I'm not trying to be vindictive but he certainly gave us a hard time," Miss Hall told an interviewer on Irish radio.

"He was very violent. He had to drive explosive chemicals across the country and took uppers (chemical stimulants) and would come home and beat us five girls. He broke bones.

"He had a terrible upbringing and his father drank and his mother died when he was a baby - you try to understand why someone became so violent."

Miss Hall says that the strain of combat drove her father to drink and violence.

"Horrible things happened to my father. He had to release people from a prison of war camp and found 18,000 dead bodies. It is a terrible thing to be living in fear and he would abuse us verbally too."

The former model recently landed a £1million deal with publisher HarperCollins to write an autobiography to be released in autumn next year.

"Writing about it is very cathartic," she told her interviewer. "I think my mother was embarrassed about it. Why didn't she protect us or leave? She had five of us and she needed a home and food, and she loved him."

At the age of 16, Miss Hall fled home and bought a one-way ticket to Paris, determined to break into the modelling scene.

"I turned up pretty rough, chewing gum and reading comics," she recalled. However, she soon became one of the world's top catwalk models, working for Yves Saint Laurent and posing as a mermaid for the cover of the Roxy Music album Siren.

She became close to the group's singer, Bryan Ferry, but left him for Mick Jagger.

They had four children, Elizabeth, James, Georgia May and Gabriel, but broke up after Jagger got Brazilian model Luciana Morad pregnant.

"Mick is a very good father just not a very good husband," said Miss Hall, whose own father died of cancer in 1977.

"He just slept with every single girl that came around. It was quite tiring rushing home making sure he wasn't sleeping with someone."

Miss Hall still lives with the children on Richmond Hill, West London. Her modelling career has waned in recent years and she has turned her hand to writing poetry and stage acting.

Sir Mick lives with long-term girlfriend L'Wren Scott in London and at his other homes around the world.

On her current situation, Miss Hall concluded: "Love is a magical thing, but it hasn't really happened to me in that I don't want to get married. I'm not going to get married again. I feel I kind of did that."

« Last Edit: Apr 21st, 2008 at 10:52pm by moy »  

IP Logged

MrPleasant
Rocks Off Regular

Xalapa, Veracruz, México
Re: My violent father beat us so viciously (Jerry
Reply #1 - Apr 22nd, 2008 at 12:25am
I heard at the news that some father sent her small daugher to the hospital because she had peed in the shower. Maybe the asshole had a terrible life, but why didn't he consider, like, not having children in the first place?

The bastard has the chance to get out on bail. Fuck those jerks.
« Last Edit: Apr 22nd, 2008 at 12:29am by MrPleasant »  

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #2 - Apr 22nd, 2008 at 6:23am
There are a lot of people who shouldn't be allowed to be parents. And the ones who are should be made to take parenting classes! I work in a day care with school aged kids {after school program}. The parents have gotten worse and worse over the years. Most don't know HOW to parent, and the kids rule the roost. Either way, {kids with no rights, being abused, and those who run the show} it's not a good deal. Scares me to death that these kids will be in charge of things when I'm old and gray! Smiley Undecided

"When you change with every new day, still I'm going to miss you, Brian"

IP Logged

TenThousandMotels
Ex Member

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #3 - Apr 22nd, 2008 at 7:08pm
Sioux wrote on Apr 22nd, 2008 at 6:23am:
There are a lot of people who shouldn't be allowed to be parents. And the ones who are should be made to take parenting classes!

I agree.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)