Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
In memory of Tom Layhue (TomL, Sai Wong, Willie Dixon)
With Sir Moonie, Fleabit Peanut Monkey, and Nanky © NFI but thanks!r!

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Do Traveling Wilbury Outtakes Exist? (Read 1,292 times)
CrazyDadda
Rocks Off Regular

Come On Up For The Rising

Do Traveling Wilbury Outtakes Exist?
Apr 16th, 2008 at 10:54pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
If they do, what songs, etc.

“If you're gonna be in a band, you can't sit in the studio the whole time... I'd like to do more of the only thing I can do really well, apart from screwing." Keith Richards&&&&      “Basically the thing at the time you used to just try and find girls that would fuck. The rest of it was just..yer know. I mean , it wasn't quite as easy then as it is now. Since the invention of the pill, its become much easier." Mick Jagger&&&&“You can neither win nor lose if you don't run the race." David Bowie

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Re: Do Traveling Wilbury Outtakes Exist?
Reply #1 - Apr 17th, 2008 at 6:08am
Most of what's available are alternate takes of the released songs. The circulating songs that were left off both albums ended up being released as bonus tracks on the recent deluxe reissue of the 2 studio albums which came out last year.

there's one called "Vol.2" which covers the sessions for the first album, and another called "Vol.4" which covers the sessions for Volume 3 (ie, the 2nd album). these bootlegs came out soon after the original albums were released in 1988 and 1990. there are some variations on these titles in different versions but they all pretty much cover the same stuff

Traveling Wilburys Vol. 2
Walk Away
source: Official releases and outtakes 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tracks:
Walkaway
Nobody's Child
The Trembler *
Crying
New Blue Moon *
Under The Red Sky
Theme For Something Really Important *
Don't Treat Me Like A Stranger
Every Little Thing  (extended version)
End Of The Line   (extended version)
Handle With Care (extended version)
Runaway
Outtakes:
Last Night
Congratulations
Dirty World
Rattled
End Of The Line
Heading For The Light

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Review:
This is a great quality package. The cartoons and photos are wonderful. The problem is that they were simply lifted from various official releases. The songs are all listed and identified properly on the cover and disc... and the sound quality is great. The problem is, here again, that two thirds were taken from official releases. That makes this disc mostly a pirate CD. The only partially redeeming fact (at least as far as the USA buyer is concerned) is that the various legitimate 5 inch single German discs that were the donors of this material were all but impossible to locate in the USA. Still, that doesn't make a pirate disc any easier to give the nod to. Some of the blame here has to rest on the shoulders of Warner Brothers, however, for choosing not to make all of the special release products available world wide.

Traveling Wilburys Vol. 4
source:  Wilbury Vol. 3 outtakes

Tracks:
Wilbury Twist
New Blue Moon
Seven Deadly Sins
Cool Dry Place
Runaway (Del Shannon)
Maxine
Inside Out
Where Were You Last Night?
You Took My Breath Away
Poor House
If You Belonged To Me
She's My Baby
The Devils' Been Busy
Like A Ship

Review:
This CD release covers the working tape for the Bel Air sessions that would produce 'Traveling Wilburys Volume 3'. The sound quality is great. The best thing about the tape is the additional Dylan track 'Like A Ship' which is totally unreleased. The package is sparse. No info is listed. The tracks alone are listed on the back, but in the wrong order. The CD play order is listed above.

Source : http://www.bobsboots.com/CDs/index.html

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Nasty Habits
Rocks Off Regular

God Rolls His Own!!

The Land of the Blue Sky
Re: Do Traveling Wilbury Outtakes Exist?
Reply #2 - Apr 17th, 2008 at 8:11am
There is also a boot called THE SILVER WILBURYS that has Harrison and Dylan with Jesse Ed Davis, Taj Majal and John Fogerty

It's live, and all covers, and barely has anything to do with the Wilburys, except that it has Harrison and Dylan around the same period.  But it's interesting. 

http://www.geetarz.org/reviews/misc/silver-wilburys.htm

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)