Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print
The Boss Endorses Obama (ns) (Read 30,477 times)
Nasty Habits
Rocks Off Regular

God Rolls His Own!!

The Land of the Blue Sky
Re: The Boss Endorses Obama (ns)
Reply #50 - Apr 17th, 2008 at 9:00am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Quote:
Brucie lives in a gilded cage & has accts who can lower his tax rate. I bet I pay as much in taxes as that stupid fuck.

Any indep. business person who doesn't have an acc't lowering his/her taxes is pretty stupid imho.

What I cannot figure out is how this is any kind of surprise to anyone.  I can understand Riff's general frustration with the Hollywood endorsement syndrome, because it is gross, but this is BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN.  Anyone who isn't aware of his romanticist solutions to working-class causes has not been paying attention EVER, certainly not since Darkness on the Edge of Town in 1978, and as far as his politics he's been utterly left wing since Nebraska in 1983.  So of course he's going to endorse Obama and of course he's vocal enough to tell his fans so.  If this pisses you off - Jesus - you've got 25 years of warning on this one.   War horses couldn't drag me away

IP Logged

TenThousandMotels
Ex Member

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #51 - Apr 17th, 2008 at 9:14am
I endorse Obama.

Endorse Obama  Fuck you Gazza, Will ya?

There I hope this post swings the primary election in PA.

IP Logged

Riffhard
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #52 - Apr 17th, 2008 at 9:16am
Nasty Habits wrote on Apr 17th, 2008 at 9:00am:
Quote:
Brucie lives in a gilded cage & has accts who can lower his tax rate. I bet I pay as much in taxes as that stupid fuck.

Any indep. business person who doesn't have an acc't lowering his/her taxes is pretty stupid imho.

What I cannot figure out is how this is any kind of surprise to anyone.  I can understand Riff's general frustration with the Hollywood endorsement syndrome, because it is gross, but this is BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN.  Anyone who isn't aware of his romanticist solutions to working-class causes has not been paying attention EVER, certainly not since Darkness on the Edge of Town in 1978, and as far as his politics he's been utterly left wing since Nebraska in 1983.  So of course he's going to endorse Obama and of course he's vocal enough to tell his fans so.  If this pisses you off - Jesus - you've got 25 years of warning on this one.   War horses couldn't drag me away

Yes indeed. That purty much sums it up. I'm not at all pissed at Bruce for the very reasons that you mention. I don't dislike anyone for their political views per se. It's the way with which they express those veiws that tend to get my goat. Bruce gets a pass though. I have met the man a few times and he is a very nice likeable guy. He is not in your face with contempt and anger ala Tim Robbins, Sean Penn, etc.

Riffy

...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&"When all government...in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided...” Thomas Jefferson&&&&"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows us that as a government grows, liberty decreases." — Thomas Jefferson&&&&&&&&We're not old men.We don't bother about petty morals--Keef&&&&Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded. Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or fourteenth. &&-- George Burns&&&&&&I ain't no leftist!-Bob Dylan&&&&"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a brave and scarce

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #53 - Apr 17th, 2008 at 10:45am
Riffhard wrote on Apr 17th, 2008 at 9:16am:
Quote:

What I cannot figure out is how this is any kind of surprise to anyone.  I can understand Riff's general frustration with the Hollywood endorsement syndrome, because it is gross, but this is BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN.  Anyone who isn't aware of his romanticist solutions to working-class causes has not been paying attention EVER, certainly not since Darkness on the Edge of Town in 1978, and as far as his politics he's been utterly left wing since Nebraska in 1983.  So of course he's going to endorse Obama and of course he's vocal enough to tell his fans so.  If this pisses you off - Jesus - you've got 25 years of warning on this one.   War horses couldn't drag me away

Yes indeed. That purty much sums it up. I'm not at all pissed at Bruce for the very reasons that you mention. I don't dislike anyone for their political views per se. It's the way with which they express those veiws that tend to get my goat. Bruce gets a pass though. I have met the man a few times and he is a very nice likeable guy. He is not in your face with contempt and anger ala Tim Robbins, Sean Penn, etc.

Riffy

What happened when you met them two?

IP Logged

Riffhard
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #54 - Apr 17th, 2008 at 11:07am
Pdog wrote on Apr 17th, 2008 at 10:45am:
Riffhard wrote on Apr 17th, 2008 at 9:16am:
Quote:

Riffy

What happened when you met them two?

Never have, and I have zero desire too. They outwardly blame the USA for all the world's ills and have gone out of their way to disparage the military. Their hatred for Bush is just too stupid for me to comprehend. I have a very real problem with idiot celebs that have made fat cash because of the nation that they live, and then go out of their way to shit all over it, and it's Christian-Judeo heritage. They never do what celebs back in the WWII days did. Namely embrace their country, and encourage others to do the same. They never acknowledge all the good that this country does for the world on a daily basis. They are bitter hard left liberals, and many in Hollywood's Golden Era would have happily kicked their fucking asses. I would have happily cheered them on as they did it too.

It's one thing to express political dissent rationally. It's another to show a blatant outright hatred of everything their country stands for. Robbins, Penn, etc. do that ad nauseum. I will never pay to watch any of  their movies ever again.

Riffy

...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&"When all government...in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided...” Thomas Jefferson&&&&"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows us that as a government grows, liberty decreases." — Thomas Jefferson&&&&&&&&We're not old men.We don't bother about petty morals--Keef&&&&Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded. Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or fourteenth. &&-- George Burns&&&&&&I ain't no leftist!-Bob Dylan&&&&"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a brave and scarce

IP Logged

ijwthstd
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #55 - Apr 17th, 2008 at 11:34am
I am sure Bruce knows as well as anyone that when a Republican is in the White House, THE RICH GET RICHER. (See Born In The USA and The Rising tour 2002-2003)

"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest.&&&&http://www.soundcloud.com/thesameoldsauce
TotallyRandomDan  
IP Logged

Wild Bill
Rocks Off Regular

Peace, love y abrazos

East Ozarks
Reply #56 - Apr 17th, 2008 at 12:13pm
Sounds like like I need to start a "Why Obama Sucks" thread in Pdog's honor!

Pdog wrote on Apr 16th, 2008 at 12:30pm:
Obama may very well be the first president to roll up a fatty, play some good music and actually have sex with his wife in the White House... That's better than the power dyke, depends wearer or the retard we've had for 7 years!!!

Pdog wrote on Apr 16th, 2008 at 12:57pm:
It's ironic, that certain people on the otherside of the aisle, will always say, these rock stars need to shut up... Yet, they themselves, aren' shutting up, we aren't shutting up... I'm more disspointed in the stars who don't speak up. More concerned with protecting their careers or looking foolish, then doing what people with a voice do, speak!

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #57 - Apr 17th, 2008 at 12:18pm
Wild Bill wrote on Apr 17th, 2008 at 12:13pm:

Obama may very well be the first president to roll up a fatty, play some good music and actually have sex with his wife in the White House... That's better than the power dyke, depends wearer or the retard we've had for 7 years!!!

It's ironic, that certain people on the otherside of the aisle, will always say, these rock stars need to shut up... Yet, they themselves, aren' shutting up, we aren't shutting up... I'm more disspointed in the stars who don't speak up. More concerned with protecting their careers or looking foolish, then doing what people with a voice do, speak!

Feel free homey!!! While you're at it, you might wanna look at how The Stones have endorsed Clnton. Without saying it outright, it's pretty clear they have a relationship. Don't talk about it too much, my Republican friends are in denial, and some even think The Stones aren't liberal!

IP Logged

Nasty Habits
Rocks Off Regular

God Rolls His Own!!

The Land of the Blue Sky
Reply #58 - Apr 17th, 2008 at 12:29pm

I would recommend going and getting GLENCAR's Obama's Got to Go thread from the third or fourth page of this board rather than starting another one.  Internet and Rocks Off ecology suggest it makes the most sense to use resources we already have rather than  War horses couldn't drag me away

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #59 - Apr 17th, 2008 at 1:09pm
I'm not surprised by said endorsement but I hate that these idiots (and whether or not you like his songs, Brucie ain't all that bright) use their mailing lists for partisan reasons.

IP Logged

Wild Bill
Rocks Off Regular

Peace, love y abrazos

East Ozarks
Reply #60 - Apr 17th, 2008 at 1:09pm
Pdog wrote on Apr 17th, 2008 at 12:18pm:

Feel free homey!!! While you're at it, you might wanna look at how The Stones have endorsed Clnton. Without saying it outright, it's pretty clear they have a relationship. Don't talk about it too much, my Republican friends are in denial, and some even think The Stones aren't liberal!

So you're telling me that The Rolling Stones have fucked up political beliefs too?  It wouldn't surprise me.  Keith acknowledged that having every woman you meet come on to you since age 18 is not reality, so why would politics of the rock star be surprisingly different?

IP Logged

Nasty Habits
Rocks Off Regular

God Rolls His Own!!

The Land of the Blue Sky
Reply #61 - Apr 17th, 2008 at 1:33pm
Quote:
I'm not surprised by said endorsement but I hate that these idiots (and whether or not you like his songs, Brucie ain't all that bright) use their mailing lists for partisan reasons.

Wonder if he could figure out how to make his avatar work?

And as far as "partisan" motivations for sending out this "screed" - as opposed to, what, trying to sell something?  I'd much rather get the personal thoughts and ideas of the artist I'd signed up to get info about than I would someone trying to sell me "Sympathy for the Devil" wine or lighters or renew my subscription for $200 . . .

IP Logged

PartyDoll MEG
Rocks Off Regular

Just one drink from your
lovin' cup

Reply #62 - Apr 17th, 2008 at 1:35pm
Nasty Habits wrote on Apr 17th, 2008 at 1:33pm:
Quote:

Wonder if he could figure out how to make his avatar work?

And as far as "partisan" motivations for sending out this "screed" - as opposed to, what, trying to sell something?  I'd much rather get the personal thoughts and ideas of the artist I'd signed up to get info about than I would someone trying to sell me "Sympathy for the Devil" wine or lighters or renew my subscription for $200 . . .

Cha Ching!! Kiss Fuck you Gazza, Will ya?

How long we gonna War horses couldn't drag me away ?????????

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #63 - Apr 17th, 2008 at 1:46pm
My inability/disinterest in getting my old avatar is an indication of my intelligence? LOL

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #64 - Apr 17th, 2008 at 1:47pm
As far as beating this dead horse, I've said my piece & I will NOT attend any more of his shows or buy his CD's.

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #65 - Apr 17th, 2008 at 2:09pm
Quote:
As far as beating this dead horse, I've said my piece & I will NOT attend any more of his shows or buy his CD's.

You should do the same with The Stones. Don't let your convictions and ideal keep you from your true calling, of the Republican party! I'm sure there'll be a Big Oil Tour with great headliners soon enough!

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #66 - Apr 17th, 2008 at 2:12pm
maybe. anyway, see ye next week...

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #67 - Apr 17th, 2008 at 2:15pm
Quote:
maybe. anyway, see ye next week...

Have fun... don't let the benefits for liberal causes or endorsements keep you away from good music. Let the music keep you away... There's tons of suckiness in rock and roll... and voting records and what not, don't make a good song or album.
Have fun, hope it's warm!

IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #68 - Apr 17th, 2008 at 2:58pm
Hello all.

... &&Government is an association of men who do violence to the rest of us. &&Leo Tolstoy &&

IP Logged

TenThousandMotels
Ex Member

Reply #69 - Apr 17th, 2008 at 5:32pm
The Boss should run.
I endorse the Boss.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #70 - Apr 17th, 2008 at 5:44pm
Quote:

except that he didnt use a mailing list for it (I'm on it, and I never received any such message). Its a message on his website. Pretty easy to skip if it bothers anyone.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Nasty Habits
Rocks Off Regular

God Rolls His Own!!

The Land of the Blue Sky
Reply #71 - Apr 17th, 2008 at 5:57pm
Gazza wrote on Apr 17th, 2008 at 5:44pm:
Quote:

except that he didnt use a mailing list for it (I'm on it, and I never received any such message). Its a message on his website. Pretty easy to skip if it bothers anyone.

Pdog wrote on Apr 17th, 2008 at 2:15pm:
... don't let the benefits for liberal causes or endorsements keep you away from good music. Let the music keep you away... There's tons of suckiness in rock and roll... and voting records and what not, don't make a good song or album.

Can you imagine what a bitch it must be for Right Wing Christians?!?! - If the devil hasn't got 'em the DLM does!
« Last Edit: Apr 17th, 2008 at 5:59pm by Nasty Habits »  

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #72 - Apr 17th, 2008 at 11:59pm

IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #73 - Apr 18th, 2008 at 7:13am
I think Bruce should run for political office in New Jersey.  I'm serious.   Fuck you Gazza, Will ya?

Apparently, the Terminator is doing a bang up job in Cali.

... &&Government is an association of men who do violence to the rest of us. &&Leo Tolstoy &&

IP Logged

Nasty Habits
Rocks Off Regular

God Rolls His Own!!

The Land of the Blue Sky
Reply #74 - Apr 18th, 2008 at 7:59am
Considering his ability to monologue between songs in concert, he would certainly be a bang-up filibusterer.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)