Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print
The Boss Endorses Obama (ns) (Read 30,478 times)
glencar
Ex Member

Re: The Boss Endorses Obama (ns)
Reply #25 - Apr 16th, 2008 at 5:23pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
At the moment, critics have tried to diminish Senator Obama through the exaggeration of certain of his comments and relationships. While these matters are worthy of some discussion, they have been ripped out of the context and fabric of the man's life and vision, so well described in his excellent book, Dreams From My Father, often in order to distract us from discussing the real issues: war and peace, the fight for economic and racial justice, reaffirming our Constitution, and the protection and enhancement of our environment.

This fall will be fun. We'll hear more whinging about "swiftboating" & crap like that. Even he can't defend Obama's "bitter/cling" words & he knows it. I just decided to donate funds to McCain's campaign. And I'm not bothering with those Giants shows in July.

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Apr 16th, 2008 at 5:25pm
Pdog wrote on Apr 16th, 2008 at 12:08pm:
Ted had his moments for me, but when he was doing hippie drug music... Everytime I hear him talk, I know where Ann Coulter got her fashion sense, and big mouth spurting out reactionary junk, only meant to hurt and flame people!!!
Limp Wrists vs. Assholes!!! 2008 is gonna be great!
America... Fuck Yeah!!!

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #27 - Apr 16th, 2008 at 6:16pm
Quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote on Apr 16th, 2008 at 2:58pm:
FYI, if anyone cares here is what he had to say (from his web site, brucespringsteen.net)

Dear Friends and Fans:

LIke most of you, I've been following the campaign and I have now seen and heard enough to know where I stand. Senator Obama, in my view, is head and shoulders above the rest.

He has the depth, the reflectiveness, and the resilience to be our next President. He speaks to the America I've envisioned in my music for the past 35 years, a generous nation with a citizenry willing to tackle nuanced and complex problems, a country that's interested in its collective destiny and in the potential of its gathered spirit. A place where "...nobody crowds you, and nobody goes it alone."

At the moment, critics have tried to diminish Senator Obama through the exaggeration of certain of his comments and relationships. While these matters are worthy of some discussion, they have been ripped out of the context and fabric of the man's life and vision, so well described in his excellent book, Dreams From My Father, often in order to distract us from discussing the real issues: war and peace, the fight for economic and racial justice, reaffirming our Constitution, and the protection and enhancement of our environment.

After the terrible damage done over the past eight years, a great American reclamation project needs to be undertaken. I believe that Senator Obama is the best candidate to lead that project and to lead us into the 21st Century with a renewed sense of moral purpose and of ourselves as Americans.

Over here on E Street, we're proud to support Obama for President.

Bruce Springsteen

I'm sorry but he's a total faggot. I wish I'd never gone to his show. Fuck him. Here on Main Street, we're saying "Fuck you Obama & Springsteen!" I wish I was on his mailing list so I could go off on this bullshit.

News flash,. he has different political opinions from you. For fucks sake, get over it

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #28 - Apr 16th, 2008 at 6:29pm
Gazza wrote on Apr 16th, 2008 at 6:16pm:
Quote:
FYI, if anyone cares here is what he had to say (from his web site, brucespringsteen.net)

Dear Friends and Fans:

LIke most of you, I've been following the campaign and I have now seen and heard enough to know where I stand. Senator Obama, in my view, is head and shoulders above the rest.

He has the depth, the reflectiveness, and the resilience to be our next President. He speaks to the America I've envisioned in my music for the past 35 years, a generous nation with a citizenry willing to tackle nuanced and complex problems, a country that's interested in its collective destiny and in the potential of its gathered spirit. A place where "...nobody crowds you, and nobody goes it alone."

After the terrible damage done over the past eight years, a great American reclamation project needs to be undertaken. I believe that Senator Obama is the best candidate to lead that project and to lead us into the 21st Century with a renewed sense of moral purpose and of ourselves as Americans.

Bruce Springsteen

I'm sorry but he's a total faggot. I wish I'd never gone to his show. Fuck him. Here on Main Street, we're saying "Fuck you Obama & Springsteen!" I wish I was on his mailing list so I could go off on this bullshit.

News flash,. he has different political opinions from you. For fucks sake, get over it

I'm just glad my fav. artists and bands are more aligned with my ideals and politics. I don't know if i could enjoy The Clash if they were right wingers. I can't even imagine how the lyrics would sound. Even though The Stones have not been overtyl political, you still get the point from the music. At least i do... Can you imagine Ramones w/o Joey's NYC Jew slant on the lyrics? And Bruce... His entire philosophy is about America the free and hard working, who don't get fucked over when it comes to education, war and healthcare. I don't think someone could write a song from the opposite perspective.
I'm in a foul mood right now... Fuck George Bush, Fuck america's Oppresion, Fuck Iraq and Fuck You!!!
Anyone want a hug!!!!

IP Logged

PartyDoll MEG
Rocks Off Regular

Just one drink from your
lovin' cup

Reply #29 - Apr 16th, 2008 at 6:33pm
Just don't squeeze all the air out of me P..

Stay true to your beliefs as long as no one gets hurt by them.....
that is all you can do.....
« Last Edit: Apr 16th, 2008 at 6:35pm by PartyDoll MEG »  

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #30 - Apr 16th, 2008 at 6:36pm
PartyDoll MEG wrote on Apr 16th, 2008 at 6:33pm:
Just don't squeeze all the air out of me P..

Stay true to your beliefs as long as no one gets hurt by them.....
that is all you can do.....

This is why you're a doll...

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #31 - Apr 16th, 2008 at 6:44pm
Pdog wrote on Apr 16th, 2008 at 6:29pm:
Quote:

Dear Friends and Fans:

Bruce Springsteen

I'm just glad my fav. artists and bands are more aligned with my ideals and politics. I don't know if i could enjoy The Clash if they were right wingers. I can't even imagine how the lyrics would sound. Even though The Stones have not been overtyl political, you still get the point from the music. At least i do... Can you imagine Ramones w/o Joey's NYC Jew slant on the lyrics? And Bruce... His entire philosophy is about America the free and hard working, who don't get fucked over when it comes to education, war and healthcare. I don't think someone could write a song from the opposite perspective.
I'm in a foul mood right now... Fuck George Bush, Fuck america's Oppresion, Fuck Iraq and Fuck You!!!
Anyone want a hug!!!!

couldnt give a shite what his politics are..means little or nothing to me, personally. If I'm honest, I'd rather he didnt put it on his site, but thats his own business.

Just find it bizarre that people get upset by anyone in a democracy stating publicly who they choose to vote for. Even more so when their political opinions are already well known.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Riffhard
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #32 - Apr 16th, 2008 at 6:45pm
I believed in all the liberal claptrap for years! Years and years in fact. I just woke to the fact that if the those in the USA really studied the US Constitution a little bit more they would see that conservatives are far more in keeping with the promise of the Founding Fathers than liberals are. That's not my opinion either. That's just a stone cold fact. The Founders believed in "limited" government. Today's Dem Party feels that the federal government should have all the answers to everything. It takes a village afterall! That is a slow road to tyranny. These days the Democrat Party is so far to the left it's scary. JFK would be drummed out of the party today. Likewise Harry Truman.

Two weeks ago an oil deposit was discovered in North Dakota that is larger than any oil deposit that has ever been discovered in the Western Hemisphere. Yet we can't drill for it. Why? Democrats have already stated that we can't. They wil never allow it because they are beholden to enviromental freaks that would sooner the combustion engine be outlawed all together. So much for oil independance, and our own freedoms! Individual freedoms mean absolutly nothing to those power hungry fucks.

Keep voting Dem Bruce! Those that read a little know that it only makes you look like an idiot!

Riffy

...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&"When all government...in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided...” Thomas Jefferson&&&&"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows us that as a government grows, liberty decreases." — Thomas Jefferson&&&&&&&&We're not old men.We don't bother about petty morals--Keef&&&&Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded. Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or fourteenth. &&-- George Burns&&&&&&I ain't no leftist!-Bob Dylan&&&&"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a brave and scarce

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #33 - Apr 16th, 2008 at 7:06pm
Riffhard wrote on Apr 16th, 2008 at 6:45pm:
Keep voting Dem Bruce! Those that read a little know that it only makes you look like an idiot!

Riffy

..and if he is, thats his problem. Hardly worth getting anyones knickers in a twist. Right?

... ... ...
IP Logged

Riffhard
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #34 - Apr 16th, 2008 at 7:10pm
Gazza wrote on Apr 16th, 2008 at 7:06pm:
Riffhard wrote on Apr 16th, 2008 at 6:45pm:

Riffy

..and if he is, thats his problem. Hardly worth getting anyones knickers in a twist. Right?

Oh no. Don't get me wrong. I have nothing against Bruce voting for whomever he wants. He is free to tell the world who he likes. Just as I am free to laugh at his ass for it.

Riffy

...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&"When all government...in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided...” Thomas Jefferson&&&&"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows us that as a government grows, liberty decreases." — Thomas Jefferson&&&&&&&&We're not old men.We don't bother about petty morals--Keef&&&&Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded. Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or fourteenth. &&-- George Burns&&&&&&I ain't no leftist!-Bob Dylan&&&&"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a brave and scarce

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #35 - Apr 16th, 2008 at 7:17pm
Exactly. Perfectly reasonable for both of you in equal measures.

Just cant grasp the indignation in a free and civilised society some can have for someone expressing their support for a political candidate, regardless of who the candidate happens to be.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Riffhard
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #36 - Apr 16th, 2008 at 7:35pm
Gazza wrote on Apr 16th, 2008 at 7:17pm:

Just cant grasp the indignation in a free and civilised society some can have for someone expressing their support for a political candidate, regardless of who the candidate happens to be.

Gazza I think that many on my side of the argument are just sick to death of celebrities using their name power to push their political agenda so much. It wouldn't be such an issue if it weren't so prevalent these days. I mean you get people like Tim Robbins, Susan Sarandon, Sean Penn, and many other Hollywood types going around just absolutly slamming their own country. It rubs many people the wrong way. I mean these same people have made their millions that they would never have had the opportunity to make had they lived in say Iran. Yet these same people never stand up against Iran's radical leaders. To them Bush is evil incarnate. It is just so over the top. I am sick of them all frankly.

Make a list of Hollywood stars from the 1930s-1940s and see how many of the A-list stars served with valor to defend their country during WWII! A country they proudly supported. It's stunning really. Today's celebs are just a bunch of whining America hating fucks. So when Bruce comes out with his call to vote for the most hard left candidate to ever be in this position he can expect a little blowback from people who are just fed up with a bunch of millionaire liberal celebs and their bitching ways. I mean even fucking Elton John is getting in on the act. He can't even vote here!

Riffy

« Last Edit: Apr 16th, 2008 at 7:37pm by Riffhard »  

IP Logged

ijwthstd
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #37 - Apr 16th, 2008 at 7:40pm
I am glad he waited until after Anaheim. I know he's a total Democrat but it still would have cast a pall over the evening.

"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest.&&&&http://www.soundcloud.com/thesameoldsauce
TotallyRandomDan  
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #38 - Apr 16th, 2008 at 7:54pm
Riffhard wrote on Apr 16th, 2008 at 7:35pm:

Gazza I think that many on my side of the argument are just sick to death of celebrities using their name power to push their political agenda so much. It wouldn't be such an issue if it weren't so prevalent these days.

I can understand that - although it works both ways though doesnt it? Doesnt bother me personally as I dont give a rat's ass who someone supports (unless theyre particularly extremist). I've pretty much got total antipathy towards politicians in general.

Anyway - hasnt it ALWAYS been prevalent? Certainly in my lifetime anyway.

However,the music world has always had more of a political/social element to it as an art form than the movie industry has. An actor - with few exceptions - is basically a hired hand. A songwriter is more in control of their own work, so there's always going to be more of an opinionated edge to them. I just dont see it as a big deal. And anyone who is seriously going to vote for a candidate just because an entertainer endorses them is beyond help anyway. If people like that need a celebrity to make up their minds for them, a ballot paper is wasted on them. I just cant take this stuff seriously.

Agree with you about Elton. The idea of an entertainer from overseas fundraising for a candidate in a country they cant even vote in is fucking nauseating.
« Last Edit: Apr 16th, 2008 at 7:58pm by Gazza »  

... ... ...
IP Logged

PartyDoll MEG
Rocks Off Regular

Just one drink from your
lovin' cup

Reply #39 - Apr 16th, 2008 at 8:54pm
Gazza wrote on Apr 16th, 2008 at 7:54pm:

Gazza I think that many on my side of the argument are just sick to death of celebrities using their name power to push their political agenda so much. It wouldn't be such an issue if it weren't so prevalent these days.

I can understand that - although it works both ways though doesnt it? Doesnt bother me personally as I dont give a rat's ass who someone supports (unless theyre particularly extremist). I've pretty much got total antipathy towards politicians in general.

However,the music world has always had more of a political/social element to it as an art form than the movie industry has. An actor - with few exceptions - is basically a hired hand. A songwriter is more in control of their own work, so there's always going to be more of an opinionated edge to them. I just dont see it as a big deal. And anyone who is seriously going to vote for a candidate just because an entertainer endorses them is beyond help anyway. If people like that need a celebrity to make up their minds for them, a ballot paper is wasted on them. I just cant take this stuff seriously.

Agree with you about Elton. The idea of an entertainer from overseas fund raising for a candidate in a country they cant even vote in is fucking nauseating.

Well said, Gazza...

You saved me a lot of time writing out my opinion.

I'd rather not hear a political lecture at a concert, and to be honest I feel Bruce's comments have been pretty tame and limited.  I would not boycott an artist, whose music I love because of his political views.  That's just me.  It is his website and it is his right as a voter and citizen in this country to campaign for his candidate.  It is your right not to attend his concerts, if that fricken bothers you.

And I think this is a lot of brouhaha over nothing

IP Logged

Like Butter
Rocks Off Regular

We need the funk, gotta
have the funk!

Burning In Hell
Reply #40 - Apr 16th, 2008 at 10:06pm
Cry
Hmm, are Ron Paul and Ralph Nader still running?

Smiley
« Last Edit: Apr 16th, 2008 at 10:08pm by Like Butter »  

INVITATION TO THE VOYAGE&&by: Charles Baudelaire&&&&"Imagine the magic&&of living together&&there, with all the time in the world&&for loving each other,&&for loving and dying&&where even the landscape resembles you:&&the suns dissolved&&in overcast skies&&have the same mysterious charm for me&&as your wayward eyes&&through crystal tears,&&my sister, my child!&&&&All is order there, and elegance,&&pleasure, peace, and opulence.&&&&

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #41 - Apr 16th, 2008 at 10:40pm
PartyDoll MEG wrote on Apr 16th, 2008 at 8:54pm:
Gazza wrote on Apr 16th, 2008 at 7:54pm:

Agree with you about Elton. The idea of an entertainer from overseas fund raising for a candidate in a country they cant even vote in is fucking nauseating.

Well said, Gazza...

You saved me a lot of time writing out my opinion.

I'd rather not hear a political lecture at a concert, and to be honest I feel Bruce's comments have been pretty tame and limited.  I would not boycott an artist, whose music I love because of his political views.  That's just me.  It is his website and it is his right as a voter and citizen in this country to campaign for his candidate.  It is your right not to attend his concerts, if that fricken bothers you.

And I think this is a lot of brouhaha over nothing

I listened to that Live CD from the late 80's tonight. Even on that thing he gives some dreary speech before playing "This Land Is Your Land." Of course, I realize he has a right to state his opinion just like I have a right to comment on it. The thing is, he's got a bit of arrogance about him in spouting his nonsense. He emailed that screed out to his mailing list which is probably at least 2 million people. My sister is a huge DMB fan & she gets stuff from a mailing list including Dave Matthews's endorsement of Osama. She emailed back that she'd rather not receive partisan emails from a music site & in return she got a snide email from someone working  at his site. I know rolling stones.com isn't the best site out there but I'm grateful that they haven't sent any endorsements my way.

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #42 - Apr 16th, 2008 at 10:42pm
Quote:

Dear Friends and Fans:

Bruce Springsteen

I'm over it as far as I knew already what his loathsome politics were. BUT I will be saving a 2hour drive to Giants Stadium & $40+ which I'll instead give to a politician who suits my beliefs.

IP Logged

Wild Bill
Rocks Off Regular

Peace, love y abrazos

East Ozarks
Reply #43 - Apr 16th, 2008 at 10:47pm
Pdog wrote on Apr 16th, 2008 at 11:53am:
Ever notice, the best bands and musicians are almost totally liberal, Dem ect, almost across the board.

Is it a coincidence, or what?

They can afford to pay high taxes - I can't.

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #44 - Apr 16th, 2008 at 10:50pm
Brucie lives in a gilded cage & has accts who can lower his tax rate. I bet I pay as much in taxes as that stupid fuck.

IP Logged

Wild Bill
Rocks Off Regular

Peace, love y abrazos

East Ozarks
Reply #45 - Apr 16th, 2008 at 10:54pm
Obammie is getting sleazier every week, now backed by that big money GD socialist, George Soros:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB120787159467506509.html?mod=opinion_main_review_...

Obama's Switcheroo

April 11, 2008

Barack Obama declared this week that he has created a "parallel public financing system." Come again? Let him explain: Under parallel public financing, "the American people decide if they want to support a campaign, they can get on the Internet and finance it."

Up to this moment, "public" financing has meant taking money from the federal government for the general Presidential election. Senator Obama's new system is public, because "the public" sends him the money.

Here's the translation: In November, Mr. Obama said he would accept public financing for the general campaign if John McCain committed to public funds. Now he doesn't want to be tied down by the spending limits attached to public funds. This is embarrassing. Solution: Call his Internet contributors a "parallel public financing" system.

What he is proposing sounds pretty much like what the system would look like if campaign-finance restrictions didn't exist. But they do exist, thanks to reformers like him. Shortly after the candidate made his remarks, a spokesman hurried to say it "was not a policy statement," but merely a description of the nature of his donor base. Barack Obama raised $40 million in the month of March – twice the $20 million Hillary Clinton's campaign took in. His totals are now more than $230 million.

Good for him. But Mr. Obama is unmistakably talking about abandoning the virtuous world that campaign finance reformers have in mind. The reformers' agenda has always been to limit "the influence of money" in politics, and do so by capping the amount candidates can spend. This naturally appealed to Mr. Obama when he was the underdog. But now that he's top dog, standing on principle isn't as appealing as the prospect of a colossal war chest.

Mr. Obama has also made much of his campaign's pledge not to accept money from political action committees, raising the majority of his funds from small private donations. PACs typically make up less than 1% of overall election donations to Presidential candidates, so that's no sacrifice.

Industry PACs may not give directly to his campaign, but employees of industries may do so, and many of his contributors have come from executives and their spouses. For example, Mr. Obama leads all candidates in donations from the pharmaceutical industry and commercial banks, among other industries. According to the Center for Responsive Politics, which tracks fundraising in elections, Mr. Obama has received $528,765 from people in the pharmaceutical industry and $1,380,108 from commercial banks. He comes in second to Mrs. Clinton in donations from lawyers with $13,690,170, just over a million shy of her total.

There is in fact a real parallel financing system already in place and ready to support Mr. Obama. It's called George Soros and so-called 527 groups such as the Democrat-supporting Fund for America or the newly named Progressive Media USA.  Progressive Media recently announced plans for a $40 million, four-month campaign against Mr. McCain, and that's only one group in the game.

Mr. Obama once said he would "aggressively pursue an agreement with the Republican nominee to preserve a publicly financed general election." Mr. McCain has already taken steps toward public financing in the general election. So now Mr. Obama wants to preserve his reputation as a reformer while exploiting his new financial advantage. We are all beginning to learn how expansive the meaning of "change" is.

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #46 - Apr 16th, 2008 at 11:52pm
Quote:
Brucie lives in a gilded cage & has accts who can lower his tax rate. I bet I pay as much in taxes as that stupid fuck.

He puts his money and energy to good causes. He walks the walk, he's not a person who says everyone should do something, and he doesn't. Which is something I see from many spotlight liberals.

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #47 - Apr 16th, 2008 at 11:55pm
Wild Bill wrote on Apr 16th, 2008 at 10:54pm:
Obammie is getting sleazier every week, now backed by that big money GD socialist, George Soros:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB120787159467506509.html?mod=opinion_main_review_...

Obama's Switcheroo

April 11, 2008

Barack Obama declared this week that he has created a "parallel public financing system." Come again? Let him explain: Under parallel public financing, "the American people decide if they want to support a campaign, they can get on the Internet and finance it."

Up to this moment, "public" financing has meant taking money from the federal government for the general Presidential election. Senator Obama's new system is public, because "the public" sends him the money.

Here's the translation: In November, Mr. Obama said he would accept public financing for the general campaign if John McCain committed to public funds. Now he doesn't want to be tied down by the spending limits attached to public funds. This is embarrassing. Solution: Call his Internet contributors a "parallel public financing" system.

What he is proposing sounds pretty much like what the system would look like if campaign-finance restrictions didn't exist. But they do exist, thanks to reformers like him. Shortly after the candidate made his remarks, a spokesman hurried to say it "was not a policy statement," but merely a description of the nature of his donor base. Barack Obama raised $40 million in the month of March – twice the $20 million Hillary Clinton's campaign took in. His totals are now more than $230 million.

Good for him. But Mr. Obama is unmistakably talking about abandoning the virtuous world that campaign finance reformers have in mind. The reformers' agenda has always been to limit "the influence of money" in politics, and do so by capping the amount candidates can spend. This naturally appealed to Mr. Obama when he was the underdog. But now that he's top dog, standing on principle isn't as appealing as the prospect of a colossal war chest.

Mr. Obama has also made much of his campaign's pledge not to accept money from political action committees, raising the majority of his funds from small private donations. PACs typically make up less than 1% of overall election donations to Presidential candidates, so that's no sacrifice.

Industry PACs may not give directly to his campaign, but employees of industries may do so, and many of his contributors have come from executives and their spouses. For example, Mr. Obama leads all candidates in donations from the pharmaceutical industry and commercial banks, among other industries. According to the Center for Responsive Politics, which tracks fundraising in elections, Mr. Obama has received $528,765 from people in the pharmaceutical industry and $1,380,108 from commercial banks. He comes in second to Mrs. Clinton in donations from lawyers with $13,690,170, just over a million shy of her total.

There is in fact a real parallel financing system already in place and ready to support Mr. Obama. It's called George Soros and so-called 527 groups such as the Democrat-supporting Fund for America or the newly named Progressive Media USA.  Progressive Media recently announced plans for a $40 million, four-month campaign against Mr. McCain, and that's only one group in the game.

Mr. Obama once said he would "aggressively pursue an agreement with the Republican nominee to preserve a publicly financed general election." Mr. McCain has already taken steps toward public financing in the general election. So now Mr. Obama wants to preserve his reputation as a reformer while exploiting his new financial advantage. We are all beginning to learn how expansive the meaning of "change" is.

socialist george soros's fund made him about 3 billion more last year

IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #48 - Apr 17th, 2008 at 7:09am
I am a big Bruce fan, and I admire him as an artist.   He is a great musician.   

But, I do disagree with his BO decision, and I can make fun of it.  But, clearly, he can endorse any poltitician that he likes.

... &&Government is an association of men who do violence to the rest of us. &&Leo Tolstoy &&

IP Logged

Riffhard
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #49 - Apr 17th, 2008 at 8:37am
mojoman wrote on Apr 16th, 2008 at 11:55pm:
Wild Bill wrote on Apr 16th, 2008 at 10:54pm:

Obama's Switcheroo

April 11, 2008

There is in fact a real parallel financing system already in place and ready to support Mr. Obama. It's called George Soros and so-called 527 groups such as the Democrat-supporting Fund for America or the newly named Progressive Media USA.  Progressive Media recently announced plans for a $40 million, four-month campaign against Mr. McCain, and that's only one group in the game.

socialist george soros's fund made him about 3 billion more last year

Just like any good socialist he believes that what's good for the goose isn't necessarily good for the gander. The man is one of the most dangerous people to the future of this nation, and the sooner people wake up to his globalist view of the world the better we will all be. He openly states that he wants the USA to drop it's sovereignty and embrace an open borders policy in every aspect of our lives. He is a limousine liberal by his very nature, and anyone who believes a word he says is an idiot with zero sense of this man's socialist/Marxist views.

Riffy

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)